Complaint Review: Budget Rental Cars

• Submitted: Tue, November 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 08, 2005

• Reported By:gulfport Mississippi
Budget Rental Cars
20 Tomahawk Dr. Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Budget Rental Cars ripoff made pre-arrangements that were changed upon signing contract Boston Massachusetts

Made rental arrangements thru expedia.com for rental car. Chose NOT to take the fuel charge, meaning I would be responsible for refueling car. Refueled car just before returning. Did not realize till later I was charged for the fuel.

I called the company, they refuse to do anything about it, even though I did return car full. No lost to them, just an overcharge to me.

Could have easily been credited as they were able to verify that the car was refueled as well as I do have a reciept for gas with time and date on it just before return.

I was misrepresented at pick up when the guy made me initial 4 to 5 areas where I thought I was reconfirming what I already had pre-arranged thru expedia. I have those records too.

The Fact is: Budget Car Rental should have immediately credited my card upon verification that the car was indeed re-fueled. It was absolutely no loss to them and would have preserved a customer for the future.

They have lost a customer for life over a $45 fuel charge and they could care less.

David
gulfport, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2005 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Rental-Cars/Boston-Massachusetts-02128/Budget-Rental-Cars-ripoff-made-pre-arrangements-that-were-changed-upon-signing-contract-Bo-163782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Rental Cars