Complaint Review: Budget Savers

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Angryman — Smalltown Missouri United States of America
Budget Savers

Budget Savers Shoppers Advantage from a different purchase-also sending you, $100 in gas vouchers, VERIFY YOUR CC#, 14 days to cancel, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I'm waiting also

*Author of original report: Shoppers Advantage/Budget Savers/Great Fun

*Author of original report: Cancelled but still getting their package

A follow up call after my wife ordered a "Tummy Tuck System" thanked us for the order then said, "We will also be sending you "Budget Savers" and Shoppers Advantage". The big hook was that I would receive $100 in gas vouchers to use regardless of choosing to cancel or not.

Then they asked that I verify my credit card number. (which I don't think they had in the first place when I had time to think after the call) I then checked online to see what I could find out about these offers and found the word "scam" associated to them by numerous "rip-off" complaints from other victims.

Within the hour I e-mailed both "Budget Savers" and "Shoppers Advantage" and instructed them to Immediately Cancel me from everything they talked me into and make no charges to my credit card. I am waiting to see!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Savers/internet/Budget-Savers-Shoppers-Advantage-from-a-different-purchase-also-sending-you-100-in-gas-v-1007763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Savers

I'm waiting also

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

I did get lured in by an offer of a discount voucher on a purchase I was making at Christmas time.

I never received the information or discount voucher, and because of that I had forgotten about signing up.  When I started seeing the charges on my account  had no way to even know a "member number" or a way to contact this company to cancel because I had never received the information.

by the time I was charged the 2nd $16.99, I was able to figure out the member number and phone number from the charge  TLG*SHOPPER77740932FEB 800-5264848 CT

I called yesterday 3/5/13 and got mad about them charging me when I had never activated the card, never used any services, and had never received the card or any documentation. Demanding that they cancel immediately, and refund the charges. I got the response that they would not refund as set by the terms the were agreed to. I continued to press, irritated, that I had no way to cancel, since I had not received any information, explaining how I had to decipher the charge information just to get in contact with them.

the person who answered the phone, asked me to hold, came back 5 minutes later and said they would refund the most recent $16.99 charge only.  I am waiting and watching for that refund..  and told them I would be posting anywhere I could on the internet about how this company Ripped Me Off.. so here I am

Shoppers Advantage/Budget Savers/Great Fun

AUTHOR: Angryman - (United States of America)

All of these so called sister companies are involved in a wide spread SCAM. Even when you cancel immediately they charge you the 1$ trial fee charge. If they do that to millions with the thinking that folks won't raise a fuss over the 1$ charge... they make millions. I wish they could trace these companies and find the Scumbag who is behind this. I think a good drag down a gravel road is in order!

Cancelled but still getting their package

AUTHOR: Angryman - (United States of America)

Even though I cancelled by e-mail within the hour of the sales call I may still be receiving a coupon package. In an e-mail following the one that acknowleged my cancellation notice I then get an e-mail with a "Membership Number" and a "Cancellation Number". - I can only imagine that this was done to slip a charge on my credit card for the time it took to acknowlege my cancellation and issue me a number so they could make bogus charges to my credit card who I also notified.