Complaint Review: Budget Savers/HRS USA via Rooms to Go

• Submitted: Wed, August 28, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 28, 2002

• Reported By:Lake Worth FL
Budget Savers/HRS USA via Rooms to Go
Dept. 7680, Carol Stream, IL 60116-7680 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

HRS USA via Rooms to Go Budget Savers is a ripoff business that doesn't give a d**n. Carol Stream, Illinois

Okay. We purchased furniture at Rooms To Go in West Palm Beach, FL. We went through their credit plan because there was a deal where you paid no interest until approx. one yr. after purchase.

We paid our balance in full well before we were due any payment.

Another year goes by and suddenly we get a bill from HRS USA in the amount of 94.98. I called the Customer Service Department of Rooms to Go to find out WHY we would get such a bill when we in fact paid our dues almost a yr. prior to this bill.

I was advised that we supposedly agreed to something either verbally or by phone to what they referred to as "Budget Savers." I asked them if they had the address of "Budget Savers," and they did not even have their address!!! Unbelievable!! A All they gave me was the phone number of 1-888-522-3643.

I did call Budget Savers and had to go through an automated phone schpeel and cancelled whatever the heck they were trying to bill us for.

Then I called Rooms to Go the next month when I AGAIN received another bill. These bills have: a previous balance (why??? we paid in full?), a third-party fee, billed finance charges, and a deferred finance charge.

It's a never-ending headache, and I don't know when it will stop!

Every month now, we are getting a

Barbara
Lake Worth, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2002 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-SaversHRS-USA-via-Rooms-to-Go/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116-7680/HRS-USA-via-Rooms-to-Go-Budget-Savers-is-a-ripoff-business-that-doesnt-give-a-damn-Caro-28349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Savers/HRS USA via Rooms to Go