Complaint Review: Budget Truck Rental

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Terry — Vero Beach Florida U.S.A.
Budget Truck Rental
6 Sylvan Way Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Budget Truck Rental Shoddy Business Practices, Pathetic Resrvation System, Incompetent Customer Service, Inferior Computer On-Line Computer Programs Parsippany, New Jersey

Budget Truck rental is the goofiest truck rental I have ever dealt with. I reserved a truck on line to possibly save filling out paperwork at the rental location, reserve my truck (of course), speed up the rental process at the rental location, and take advantage of an on line discount as well as eliminating the deposit. None of it happened. When I arrived there to pick up the truck, there was no truck. We all, myself and the rental agent, waited patiently for someone to bring back a truck so that I could rent it which turned out to be 2 hours (cutting into my rental/moving time), then the agent could not find out how to work with the goofy computer rental program that Budget has whereby I can reserve a truck with a credit card, then pay cash. He was on the phone line with four different people and I was simutaneously on my phone with the customer service trying to rent this truck. The reservation was made with a credit card in my wife's name and I would be the only driver but they still charged me an additional driver fee anyway. The rental agent advised me that since this was becoming such a mess that I go down the street to Penske or U-Haul. I finally walked out of there 2 hours later with a truck....... finally. Because I did not rent the truck in a timely fashion I then needed to stay in a motel because I physically was just too tired after loading the truck. After the mess was over I wrote a very concise letter to Budget explaining all this in complete detail. Their answer was very defensive explaining their policies and blah, blah, blah. The end result was they decided to refund the $10.00 additional driver fee which I told them to keep and apply it to someone's salary for a new hiree that would have the resonsibility of making sure there was a truck to rent after a reservation was made. I also told them to lose my address. I still have not received the $150.00 deposit I was required to pay. I was assured that would be refunded to me as well. Don't ever use them. Big mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Truck-Rental/-Parsippany-New-Jersey-97954/Budget-Truck-Rental-Shoddy-Business-Practices-Pathetic-Resrvation-System-Incompetent-Cu-745195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Truck Rental