Complaint Review: Budget Truck Rental

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: jerseygirl89 — United States of America
Budget Truck Rental
2836 BRUNSWICK PIKE RT 1 Lawrenceville, New Jersey United States of America

Budget Truck Rental Budget, Budget Rent-a-truck, Budget Rent-A-Car, Hub Leasing Ing Sex, Drugs, and Money! Wait.. I mean: Theives, A**holes, and Liars! Lawrenceville, New Jersey

This was an absolutely terrible experience. I rented a 10 foot truck for less than 24 hours. The staff was rude and extremely unpleasant - both on the phone and in person. They are not a cheap place to rent from - the prices they quote online are cheap enough, but the hidden fees are awful. They didn't tell me about the fees when I arrived, and when they printed my bill they said it didn't matter if I signed or not (so I didn't because I didn't agree with the charges), and they were going to charge me regardless. Several of the fees on my bill did not apply to my rental. When they charged me for something accidentally, they told me it can't be refunded, even though the charge wasn't appropriate for my rental and was entirely a mistake on the part of Budget. When I called customer service to complain about it, they lied to me and told me I wasn't going to be charged - but it showed up on my credit card bill!

When I called back to tell them that this kind of behavior and business ethics is beyond  inappropriate, they told me several times that nothing could be refunded. I demanded to speak with a supervisor, and was told they could only refund one of the 2 fees they accidentally charged me, even though neither fee applied to my rental. I was (am!) furious.

I will never rent from Budget again. Seriously consider if you want to rent here. It is worth it to spend a few extra dollars for up-front fees and friendlier people and better customer service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Truck-Rental/Lawrenceville-New-Jersey-08648/Budget-Truck-Rental-Budget-Budget-Rent-a-truck-Budget-Rent-A-Car-Hub-Leasing-Ing-Sex-D-917177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Truck Rental