Complaint Review: Budget Van Lines , Lehigh Movers

• Submitted: Mon, June 27, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By:Myrtle Beach South Carolina
Budget Van Lines , Lehigh Movers
Lehigh Moving And Storage Inc. 175 Walnut Avenue Bronx, New York U.S.A.

Budget Van Lines, Lehigh Moving And Storage, Inc. Horrible Experience, Nothing the way it was supposed to be. Broken, destroyed items. Did not finish unloading, left it in our parking lot for us to do. Attitude is they are right no matter what, you are wrong. I was told to file a claim, but it would not do any good. Lehigh tried to blame Budget for the broken items. Lehigh is the one responsible. I hired Budget , Budget hired Lehigh. moving ripoff from HELL! Bronx New York

*Author of original report: Budget Van Lines Scam

Long distance move from Schenectady New York to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I got an estimate for the move on-line from Budget Van Lines. The Salesperson named Steve assured me how trustworthy they are etc.

He and I agreed on a pick-up date of June 6th, 2005 & Delivery for the 8th of June. WE were never told this would change.My aunt paid for this move to relocate me back to the South,She signed the contract & we thought all was good.

WE must have missed the way they changed the contract because of the way it had the dates on there & we had already verbally agreed on pick-up & delivery.
June 6th comes & no truck. I call the Guy Steve to see what is up. He is no longer there, so I am told. Now I deal with Charlie.

He tells me that legally according to contract they can pick up between the 6th & the 8Th.That is not what I agreed to.He tells me they will pick up between 10:00a & 11:00A on the 7th.They finally showed up at 12:30p on the 7th.

I made it very clear that they are the movers & I had some things I was leaving up to them to get to MB in the same condition they left NY. I didn't know how to pack those things so since they do it for a living I left it up to them.

Item 1- A NASCAR Coca Cola Drivers 2001 Convenience Store Cooler. Dale Earnhardt on the barrel, along with 8 other drivers.

#2-Approximately 4ft tall Twisted Stone Lamp I inherited from my Grandmother . She passed away in march.
#3- A Jumping Horse ( King Prancer). Very hard plastic. He was mine from when I was a child. My Grandparents had bought him for me. I have had that horse for close to 43 years. It has been through many moves.

It arrived with one side of the legs in front busted in several pieces, The lamp had a huge chunk missing & was broken in half. The Cooler is totally destroyed. First of all they wrote on it with permanant marker, & cracked it all up. I repaired as best I could so as to display it.

It will never be used as a cooler again, nor now does it have any value.

They never delivered my truck until june 18th & lehigh told me over the phone they had up to 30 business days. Totally not true.

I really had to harrass these people to get my delivery. If I hadn't been so much of a bug, I wonder If I ever would have gotten my truck.

They were supposed to unload into the apartment. They let my husband carry most all things upstairs & they put the rest off the truck into the parking lot. They left it there & left. We had to bring it in the apartment ourselves. They even left their moving blankets.
They told me I could file a claim for the damages, but it would not do any good as Lehigh was not responsible. He said our things were in storage waiting to get on the truck & anything can happen in storage. It was not supposed to be in storage. I agreed to pick up, load, The truck was then supposed to go to a warehouse & get loaded on the actual truck. It was supposed to be on its way to Florida & drop us off on the way. Nothing I was told was true. The movers did not take enough precaution with my items & they all 3 are sentimental as well as collectible & not replaceable.

Lehigh tried to lay the blame on Budget for the packing. Lehigh did the packing. All budget did was hire Lehigh for the job. Budget did not follow through with what they agreed to on the phone, but Lehigh is rude, uncooperative & the 1st set of movers, the ones who were going to make sure everything was safe-- asked for a $320 tip which we gave them.I will probably never even get so much as an apology from these people & it totally sickens me that they can get away with these things.
I would NEVER recommend either one of these companies if you care about what you are having moved. This move was a complete nightmare.

Kathy lynne
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Click here to read other Rip Off Report list of other Moving Companies

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on National Moving Network and other various transport companies ripping off the consumer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2005 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Budget-Van-Lines-Lehigh-Movers/Bronx-New-York-10454/Budget-Van-Lines-Lehigh-Moving-And-Storage-Inc-Horrible-Experience-Nothing-the-way-it-147610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Budget Van Lines , Lehigh Movers

Budget Van Lines Scam

AUTHOR: Kathy lynne - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by Charlie at Budget Van Lines in August.

He said they wanted to compensate me for some of this nightmare by sending me $320. Not much compensation considering all I went through but I agreed.

It is now October 18,2005 And have never recieved anything and no more contact. This company is a total Scam. If you value your belongings, please hire a reputable company and do your homework,

Do Not end up like me. The things they destroyed can never be replaced. They are very irresponsible and unreliable. I am going to try and send pictures of the lamp that I had recently inherited from my Grandma. It is just an example of the destruction they caused.