Complaint Review: BudgetPlaces.com

• Updated: Sat, April 19, 2014

• Reported By: L.A. — Whattheheck Oregon
BudgetPlaces.com
Internet USA

BudgetPlaces.com BudgetPlaces.com Hotel Booking Site RipOff!!!! BEWARE!! Internet

Upon "check in", I provided the reservation number that Budgetplaces.com provided to me.  The front desk attendant was unable to locate any reservation or any communication at all, for that matter, from Budgetplaces.com.  She in fact stated that I was the 5th customer that she'd attempted to check in claiming to have reserved a room via this website.  So I made other accommodations (since my reservation was never made) and after I finished I tried to call BudgetPlaces.com to clear up what I thought was probably just a miscommunication.  I found the number on the website which stated that customer service could be reached at 240.383.1803 until 10pm today.  However, when I attempted to call the number listed on the website a pre-recorded message stated that the office is closed and that I need to press '1' to leave a message.  There was no accommodation for emergencies to get in touch with someone after hours.  So I pressed '1' and nothing happened- the pre-recorded message continued until it finished and hung up at the end.  I tried again several times pressing '1' at varying points throughout the recording with ultimately no opportunity to leave a message.  When I tried to cancel my reservation online, there was no option to do so, only a 'book again' option (are you freakin kidding me?!  Show me the 'never again' button!!!).

I am extremely upset and will never ever be booking with this site again, needless to say.  I want my reservation (that was never truly made with the hotel) cancelled and I want my money that was charged to my card (some type of upfront charge that went straight to budgetplaces.com) returned or they will continue to hear from me AND the BBB!  I will be following up and reporting this site!!!!  Travelers stay AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2014 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BudgetPlacescom/internet/BudgetPlacescom-BudgetPlacescom-Hotel-Booking-Site-RipOff-BEWARE-Internet-1140172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BudgetPlaces.com