Complaint Review: Buff-Daddy Movers:

• Submitted: Tue, November 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 06, 2012

• Reported By: Sue — oceano California United States of America
Buff-Daddy Movers:
Oceano, Calif. Oceano, San Luis Obispo, Pas Robles, California United States of America

Buff-Daddy Movers: Nathan Witzig & partner Steve are Scammers Scammers, Illegal Advertising, Illegal transportation, Threatening Customers, Damaged Items, Missing Items, FAKE MOVERS, Beware of these frauds. Oceano, San Luis Obispo, Pas Robles, California

First of all, I'm not using my real name in this report for fear of retaliation (they became threatening at the end of the move).

I called 'Buff-Daddy Movers" (nate & steve) for moving help.
They said that they were licensed & insured to move my household, but I found later that they were lying.

They were terrible! I had to tell them how to pack the truck. My fragile items were on the bottom with heavy boxes & furniture on top of the fragile items. One of them said "this is how we experts do it".

Items were't wrapped properly, they threw (only) a little piece of plastic wrap around a glass shelf (which ended up breaking) even though I told them to wrap it properly. They were very rough with my furniture which ended up with scratches on many pieces and a big gouge in my antique piece and gouges in the walls & door jamb.

They were struggling with a couch that my girlfriend & my son carried into the house when we moved in.
I asked them to take their time so they wouldn't damage any more furniture and one of them said
 "if you don't like it, you can pay us for our full time and call someone else".

My landlord kept almost $500.00 of our security deposit because of the damage (including a broken screen) that these morons did to the property. Not including the damage they did to my stuff.

I told them that it was only right for them to pay for the damage. Then they got angry and said 'it's what happens when you move, thing always get damaged". I deducted the time that they spent talking & paid them (they went away laughing).

After I looked them up, I found other bad reports on these guys. I also found that they aren't movers at all. They're just Liars who try to scam people out of their money.

They use the phone numbers:
(805)459-0758 Steve and Nate (805) 550-2081

Here are some of their Craigslist ads:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buff-Daddy-Movers/Oceano-San-Luis-Obispo-Pas-Robles-California-93445/Buff-Daddy-Movers-Nathan-Witzig-partner-Steve-are-Scammers-Scammers-Illegal-Advertisin-965330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buff-Daddy Movers: