Complaint Review: Bulk Apothecary

• Reported By: Rue — Parma Ohio
Bulk Apothecary
Internet USA

Bulk Apothecary Damaged Goods  Internet

I ran across Bulk Apothecary when I was looking for shae butter and virgin coconut oil.  The prices at this site seemed very reasonable, so I ordered 160z. jars of both the butter and the oil to try them out.

The products shipped in quickly and I received them in just a few days.  They had been placed in individual bubble-wrap bags, and packed nicely in packing peanuts.  I was very pleased until I removed the coconut oil from its bubble wrap and found that one side of the lid was broken off, and the oil, which as you may know, liquifies when warm, had leaked all over the place.

When I opened it, the box was well filled with the packing peanuts, and the coconut oil was in its protective bag.  It doesn't seem possible that this could have happened in shipping.  I can only assume that the damage was caused by rough handling while packing. [continued below]....

I emailed the company and explained the situation.  I wasn't very happy and told them so.  This was a few weeks ago, and as of today, I haven't heard a thing from them.

The products of this company may be of good quality, but it doesn't matter if they are unusable when they reach their destination.  In addition, the company doesn't seem to stand behind their products.   They've certainly lost a customer on this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bulk-Apothecary/internet/Bulk-Apothecary-Damaged-Goodsnbsp-Internet-1061721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bulk Apothecary