Complaint Review: Bullseye Powder Coating Hollywood

• Updated: Fri, July 18, 2014

• Reported By: mikegotshafted — Miami Florida
Bullseye Powder Coating Hollywood
2848 Stirling RD # A Hollywood, Florida USA

Bullseye Powder Coating Took them a valve cover to get powder coated and got it back full of holes 2 weeks past deadline. Hollywood Florida

*Author of original report: Shame on You! bullseye powder coating

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Damaged Valve Cover

While having the top end of the engine of my AMG rebuilt I took bullseye powder coating the valve cover to get powder coated with a promise of having it done in 3 days. 2 Weeks past deadline I get it back looking like swiss cheese full of holes as they sand blasted right thru it leaving quarter size holes all over.

I took it to three different welders and all three advised me that the damage was so severe they couldn't repair it and where shocked that someone would have continued to sandblast thru it after see the initial damage.

The end conclusion was I had to special order the valve cover from AMG Germany which was $750 and pay $375 for additional storage fee at the mechanic being he had completed the engine rebuild even before these guys even destroyed the cover.

The kid that gave it back to me offered no type of compensation and I called the manager a couple days after explaining the problem and he gave me nothing but an ear full of excuses.

DO NOT take these guys anything of value as if it's damaged in the process you will not be compensated you will get nothing but an earfull of excuses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bullseye-Powder-Coating-Hollywood/Hollywood-Florida-33020/Bullseye-Powder-Coating-Took-them-a-valve-cover-to-get-powder-coated-and-got-it-back-full-1163122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bullseye Powder Coating Hollywood

Shame on You! bullseye powder coating

AUTHOR: mikegotshafted - ()

You can rebuttal all day with excuses and I'm glad you did as it further prooves that this indeed did occur and this isn't a false claim.

First and foremost I'm the original owner of that vehicle and with that being said I can tell you with 100% certainty that valve cover was never repaired. AT NO POINT did you try to make right with me you didn't even have the courtesy of giving me an apology. You just handed me the valve cover, explained it was due to the material being weak and walked away and continued business as if I did you wrong in some way, when it was the other way around.

Every other guy on the forum with my exact car has had there valve cover powder coated i'm the only one who got the shaft!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Damaged Valve Cover

AUTHOR: Bullseye Powder Coating - ()

This is Michael Saavedra, CEO of Bullseye Powder Coating in Hollywood, FL. It is unfortunate that you did not wish to hear us out on the reason your valve cover was damaged.

The issue at hand is that your valve cover was previously repaired and you were unaware. Once we strip the paint and commence blasting, all welding and bondo repairs come right off. There is no way that a sandblast running at 90psi using Jetmag, organic blasting media can open holes in a good valve cover.

We tried to explain this to you, however you wish to blame the issue on the use of sandblasting. Sandblasting is the primary preparation method for metals. It allows us to clean and remove paints and impurities and give the proper profile on metals for new powder coat to adhere.

In addition, we told you we were willing to recoat a good valve cover for you at no charge. You were unwillling to hear our explanations or understand that we do this on a daily basis and refinish over 100 valve covers per year.

Sincerely,