Complaint Review: Bumper Doc

• Reported By: Tom — Escondido California
Bumper Doc
2035 Auto Park Way Escondido, California USA

Bumper Doc Interesting Business Model? Escondido California

*Consumer Comment: In my opinion, they can handle no more than bumpers...

*Author of original report: Further info

My mom had her car at Bumper Doc to have the bumper replaced last year. The work was apparently done well. Earlier this year, when pulling into a parking space, the bumper scraped the curb. When backing out, the bumper caught on the curb and tore it partly off.

My mom took the car back to Bumper Doc to have the new damage repaired. This work was also, at least on the surface, satisfactory. Later, my mom brought the car to me so I could check the brakes. Looking under the car, I noticed that the bumper had not been fastened securely to the front underside of the car and was hanging down. I cautioned my mom that she should be careful about parking as it could get caught on a parking lot bumper or curb as it had.

So the damage from driving over the curb this year was likely due to the bumper not having been fastened securely when she had the bumper in for replacement last year.

The service manager, Ron didn't seem to be eager to determine the facts of the case but rather to protect his reputation and close the case. He became verbally abusive, threatening me with a lawsuit for "defamation of character" and, right before hanging up, called me "son".

There are a lot of honest and professional people in the vehicle repair business. Why settle for this kind of treatment?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bumper-Doc/Escondido-California-92029/Bumper-Doc-Interesting-Business-Model-Escondido-California-1062328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bumper Doc

In my opinion, they can handle no more than bumpers...

AUTHOR: GoElsewhere - ()

If you need any repairs above and beyond a minor bumper fender-bender, steer clear of this outfit!!  They have threatened to sue me for libel and defamation as well, just for asking them to repair what they busted on my vehicle.

http://ihatebumperdoc.blogspot.com is also a very interesting website...

Further info

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

After speaking further with the owner, I have concluded that the problems I observed were probably not intended to result in further damage, and need for repairs, to the vehicle as I had earlier surmised. The owner seems to be a straight-up guy who has worked hard to build this business and cares deeply about it and about seeing that customers are happy. My mother has always been happy with this shop and how she's been treated.