Complaint Review: Bureau Of Collection Recovery US Cellular

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2007

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
Bureau Of Collection Recovery US Cellular
7575 Corporate Way Eden Prairie, Minnesota U.S.A.

Bureau Of Collection Recovery US Cellular THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! I AM SO GLAD I LOOKED INTO THE COMPANY BEFORE PAYING THEM Eden Prairie Minnesota

I got this collection letter in the mail and about freaked! It said I owed $732.30 to US Cellular but that they were willing to settle for $549.23. I called them and asked what it was about.

Well the man I spoke to said all he could tell me was the amount due, the original creditor, and the date on it. My date was from 2004! I have not had US Cellular since 2002!

I called US Cellular and got ahold of someone in their Fraud Dept. The man there told me that he could not tell me any information since it was for a collection agency but did state that he thought it was weird that the man couldn't answer all my questions. He then gave me a new 1-800# to call.

I was getting ready to call the collection agency back, when my mother called me and told me to Google the company and tell her if I had found the same claims she had. Well I not only found this website, I also found several others all stating how people had been scammed by this same company!

I have filed a report with the B.B.B as well as this report here. I hope that everyone who gets a letter like this in the mail does some research before paying.

Janelle
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2007 11:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bureau-Of-Collection-Recovery-US-Cellular/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/Bureau-Of-Collection-Recovery-US-Cellular-THIS-IS-A-TOTAL-SCAM-I-AM-SO-GLAD-I-LOOKED-INTO-287578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bureau Of Collection Recovery US Cellular