Complaint Review: Burger King Sheffield Lake Ohio #7333

• Updated: Sun, February 16, 2014

• Reported By: Peggy — Brecksville Ohio
Burger King Sheffield Lake Ohio #7333
5051 N. Abbe Rd Sheffield Village, Ohio USA

Burger King Sheffield Lake Ohio #7333 Burger King Watch Out for Theft at Drive In Window Unhonest worker Store Avoids Complaints Sheffield Village Ohio

*Author of original report: My Mistake

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 7:31 pm I went to Burger King at Sheffield Lake, Ohio and placed an order through the Drive Thru. I got to the window and asked if they sold Gift cards. The young African American gal said yes and I asked if I could get two $10 cards. (I wanted them as Valentine's Gifts). She took the $20 that I handed to her and handed me a receipt, and two folders and then quickly handed me my other food. I did not check to see if I had two cards at the drive thru, but took her word for it.

I hopped on the Turnpike (I live about 45 min from there and was working at LCCC at the time) and did not check my cards until I returned home. When I got home sure enough, there was only one Gold card inside. The receipt clearly showed that I purchased two cards at $10 each. Each card has two slanted slots in which the gift card is to be inserted. Once the card is inserted, the slots are opened. I  looked at the slots on each of the cards and the second card  shows that no card was even attempted to have been inserted inside which is how I know that she never placed a card inside.

I immediately called the store at 440-934-1522 to inform them of this and found that the phone number for the store led to a fax machine, so there was no way I could contact them.

The next day, I contacted Burger King online and filled out the comment area, but never heard back from them.

I also called corporate at 866-394-2493 and spoke with a gentleman named Roger. Roger filed a report for me and gave me a report number. Roger told me that the manager would call me back. It is now three days later and I have yet to hear from the manager at Burger King at Sheffield Village, Ohio.

Watch out for this business and be sure to count your change when you go here (especially at the drive thru). If you happen to buy Gift Cards, make sure the cards are inside the folder they give you before you leave.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2014 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burger-King-Sheffield-Lake-Ohio-7333/Sheffield-Village-Ohio-44035-1455/Burger-King-Sheffield-Lake-Ohio-7333-Burger-King-Watch-Out-for-Theft-at-Drive-In-Window-1123973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burger King Sheffield Lake Ohio #7333

My Mistake

AUTHOR: Peggy - ()

In spite of looking all over my car, I found the second card laying on the floor. Apparently the card fell out of the folder.

The restaurant did in fact call me and offered to give me another card, but of course I did not pick it up, because I found my card on the floor. It might be good for BK to present gift cards in an envelope, so no one loses their card like I did.

This was my mistake.