Complaint Review: Burger King - Store 11693

• Submitted: Sat, December 30, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 09, 2007

• Reported By:PC Florida
Burger King - Store 11693
1396 West 15th Street Panama City, Florida U.S.A.

Burger King ripoff Continued Bad Service From This Unit Panama City Florida

*Consumer Comment: Regarding Pay

*Author of original report: I got no reply from Corporate Office

*Consumer Comment: i love fast food.

*Consumer Comment: Funny Story

*Consumer Suggestion: I understand the problem

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What the?

*Author of original report: Why do I keep going back?!

*Consumer Comment: Why keep going back?

7:32 PM 12/30/2006

B. T. Swette, Chairman
Burger King Holdings, Inc.
5505 Blue Lagoon Dr.
Miami, FL 33126

Phone: 305-378-3000
Fax: 305-378-7262

RE: Burger King - Store 11693 1396 West 15th Street, Panama City, FL 32401 (850) 784-1660

Dear Sir:

I would like to tell you how disappointed I am with the service at this location, however, I can't really do that as I have eaten there about 10 times since Sept. and it has never been very good.

Tonight I ordered a #2 meal from Keri, for $5.92, eat in, with heavy onions, only, and I specified no other 'rabbit food', just heavy onions, I went over this twice with her.

Having been disappointed with getting what I ordered before I looked at the order at the table and instead of 2 patties there was just one, it did NOT have heavy onions, in fact if there was any onions at all I didn't see it but it had pickles, lettuce and tomato. This time I took it back to the counter and had the manager refund me my money and I went down the street to McDonalds where I had my dinner.

It seems that if you eat at this location you get whatever they decide to serve you and NOT what you order. As to having just one meat patty when there should be 2, well, that is just dishonest.

B
PC, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2006 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burger-King-Store-11693/Panama-City-Florida-32401/Burger-King-ripoff-Continued-Bad-Service-From-This-Unit-Panama-City-Florida-228015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burger King - Store 11693

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

at our local (((ROR REDACTED COMPETITORS NAME))). In our town theres only a few places to eat otherwise you have to go ten miles either way to another town.
So anyhow when you need to get fast food you only have a few choices. Well I really like (((ROR REDACTED COMPETITORS NAME))) but they must have some serious problems.
Every time I get a number 1- the famous star (w/o cheese). So this thing is supposed to be 1 meat patty, onions, lettuce, tomato and probably pickles, I'm not sure since I don't get them. And you can add cheese if you want. Oh yeah, and theres the "special sauce" Ok I really like this burger, everything just blends together soooo well.

But the past like 20 times I have gone there I swear- they make the burger different everytime!!!!! Sometimes there are no onions, or just 1. Sometimes they add cheese, even though I say no cheese. Sometimes there is just a small piece of lettuce, or small tomato. I'm not kidding when I say they do this all the time. But like I said- I LOVE this burger, when it's made right. I crave it. But they even forget the SAUCE.

How do you make a burger, which is the number 1 on the menu, wrong ALL the time? How come they can't seem to remember what is on it? It absolutly blows my mind that they make it differently every single time. How do you completely forget the sauce? Or onions, lettuce, whatever...

What is most amazing is that this problem ONLY seems to happen when I go inside! The last 4 or 5 times I have had to go back up to the counter to get it made right. Last time they just walked over and handed me a bag of onions! Ok, so it fixed my problem, but don't they normally take the sandwich back and fix it right? Well, at least I know they didn't spit in it.

But it seems every time I go through the drive thru they get it right! How wierd is that? Which is good, I don't have to turn around and go back in, but still...wierd.

So I know, I thought about not going there again. But it's the only carls for about 15 miles, they seem to be scarce around here. So I did finally write them an email, I got an apology and explaination that they are going through some new management and employees.... and I did end up getting some coupons from them, which is more than I can say for Dominos who I complained to previously.

(That was a valid complaint as well, they are two blocks away (in a tiny town) and charge 3 bucks for delivery, so I pick up. But they are only open after 4 and they keep denying us the specials! Remember that special where you could get any three (or more) items on the menu for 5 bucks each? Well I wanted one breadstick, one pizza and one wings. I ordered this before and all of a sudden they said I can't order that. I can only get breadsticks if I order 2 pizzas, then the next time they told me something else even though I had the coupon, and went online to double check. Anyhow I was just saying I don't complain alot, infact these are the only two real complaints I have ever made to any company, and the district manager said I was right, but he never sent the coupons he promised)
But I never even used the coupons from (((ROR REDACTED COMPETITORS NAME))). anyhow, I keep leaving them on my desk. Ok Ok I'm sorry I know you don't need to know all this.

My point is.... I know how the guy feels, or at least why he keeps going back. It's convenient (at least to get to)and has what you want. I'm sorry but I love the famous star, and I'm not going to let some retard who can't remember how to make a sandwich (number one on the menu) stop me from going to the place I want to eat. I have the patience to wait for them to get it right, but I will have to complain again if they keep acting stupid. (seriously... it's not that hard)

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their

Regarding Pay

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

There's debate in the congress/senate going on about raising the minumum wage to $7+ per hour. Currently it has been $5.15 for the last TEN years. Do you actually believe that raising their minumum wage is gonna make them; become smarter, improve their customer service skills, increase productivity? Hell NO. Most places pay slightly better then minumum wage now, maybe $5.50 to $6.00 per hour. There's a place, bill miller, a BBQ chain, here in town that pays $2 to $3 per hour more then the rest. $7 to $8 an hour to start. Because they pay better, they generally get the best folks around. They work them hard and teach them hard and demand top notch work.

If and when a minumum wage raise goes into effect, they'll have to raise their pay scale to again be on top. On the other hand, congress and the senate have given themselves appox. TEN pay raises in the last TEN years. And look what it's done. We have the same old crappy people giving us the same old crappy service out of D.C. Now I'm sure there are some folks who do deserve a raise. But, the only thing it's gonna do is raise the price of the food they sell. It sure isn't gonna improve any of the shortcomings of their staff. What was that story, the other day, about edwards railing about the plight of the poor while building his $4 or $5 million dollar house?

I got no reply from Corporate Office

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

I thought that I might at least get some sort of boiler plate reply from my complaint to HQ but they didn't bother to reply.

I don't go there anymore, I found a Micky D's on 23rd and frequently they have the 2 1/4 pounders for $3 so they now get my business. In total drive it is about 4 blocks more each way but their fries are a lot better than BK's!

i love fast food.

AUTHOR: Mark (FlyingScooter) - (U.S.A.)

Cory: I use to be a night Mgr for Red Barn about 23 yrs ago, I had a few stories like that. Even with free stuff, you still get nasty people. I learned to wait and laugh later at some people.

We use to get people ask us how many pieces of chicken were in a nine piece bucket.

As far whoever made the comment that they don't get paid enough, that's pure BS. they get paid what they get paid. BK ads state: Have it your way, right? I don't give a rats a** what someone gets paid. Just do your job. If you're not paid enough, work elsewhere.

Funny Story

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

My brother-in-law opens up a subway type place and invites us to the grand opening. My sister-in-law, his sister, orders a sub with no onions. It comes with a couple of onions on it. She complains to him. He says something to the affect, take the onions off, you're getting it for free. She says, Oh no, they've touched my sandwich, I have to have a whole new sandwich, one untouched by onions. I died laughing. Welcome to retail.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

I understand the problem

AUTHOR: Shauna - (U.S.A.)

I've had plenty of this stuff happen. We also got trapped into going to places that give terrible service because they were close by and this doesn't help improve their service, believe me! It more gives them a good laugh if they remember you. Only way to get them is to spread the word as far as possible and to keep complaining until they get sick of it and take some action.

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What the?

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

It sounds like you were being a jerk. "I went over this twice with her."?

People who work in fast food do not get paid enough to put up with your nonsense.

Good customer service is about treating people like they deserve to be treated... and if you deserve to be treated poorly it makes one less problem for them when you don't come back.

Why do I keep going back?!

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

1) It is the closest fast food place,
2) Of the 10 times mentioned, not ALL were disasters
3) You always hope that service will get better
4) After too many poor meals (as described above) a letter to the CEO is in order so perhaps they will get on the ball at this unit

Why keep going back?

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You received bad service/food there, yet you have been back TEN times?

If you just keep rewarding them for the poor service/food, they will never learn.

When they have NO customers left, maybe they will get a clue.