Complaint Review: Burger King Store #12679

• Updated: Sat, November 20, 2010

• Reported By: mpat — Leawood Kansas USA
Burger King Store #12679
13640 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Burger King Store #12679 Food Contaminated- Pancakes, Hash Browns, Mini Blueberry biscuits gave diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and gas Overland Park, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Mpat,

*Consumer Comment: It is a problem..

*Author of original report: CONTAMINATED- BURKER KING BREAKFAST

*Consumer Comment: One other suggestion...

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: Leave it to Karl...

*Consumer Comment: Mpat, Maybe our entire system in America has become....

*Author of original report: contaminated food- burger king

*Consumer Comment: It may depend on metabolism...

*Author of original report: contaminated breakfast food- burger king

*Author of original report: Diarrhea, gas, upset stomach, pain in stomach by burger king breakfast

*Consumer Comment: Not Burger King

*Consumer Comment: Mpat, If you 'Google' this- RONNY G RIP OFF, and go to....

*Consumer Comment: What proof do have that Burger King gave you food poison?

This Burger King served food to me and my brother which gave diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and gas.  The food items that we consumed were Pancakes, mini blueberry biscuits, and hash browns.  I noticed the symptoms about one hour after i ate these items.  The diarrhea was watery.  After my brother ate the breakfast he went to his house and went to sleep.  He woke up shortly after feeling pain in his stomach and had a urgency to go to the bathroom for the diarrhea.  It's a shame that this occurs.  I had diarrhea, stomach pain and gas later in the day as well.  After talking with my brother again later in the day after he woke up he mentioned that his symptoms did not subside.  Why would this business want to do this to customers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burger-King-Store-12679/Overland-Park-Kansas-66223/Burger-King-Store-12679-Food-Contaminated-Pancakes-Hash-Browns-Mini-Blueberry-biscuit-662857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burger King Store #12679

Mpat,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

It certainly appears that our entire system in the USA has become contaminated and that is why there are so many problems here and all over the world, wouldn't you agree?

Feel free to type in 284134 at this site and click on Ripoff Report #284134 and read what is posted in Consumer Comment #1 for important information. That consumer comment was posted ten months BEFORE the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the stock market crash, and the meltdown of the banking system in September of 2008.

WELCOME TO AMERICA- ONE BIG LIE THAT IS BEING EXPOSED ON THE WORLDWIDE WEB EVERY DAY

It is a problem..

..it seems.

I live in LA and this place is pretty filthy and there does not seem to be a dept of health..or dept of anything really. The city "planning" seems at least to me..to be non existent..unless someone messed up this bad on purpose.

I have seen first hand in fast food restaurants here, employees preparing food without gloves, while wading in literally 1/2 inch of mud-like liquid on the floor throughout the entire preparation and service counter areas.

But since this report has lead to a discussion or debate regarding the length of time before symptoms are noticed..I can share a related story.

I was taken on a tour a few years ago when I was playing bass for a band. We came from France (which had great food) and then were in Holland for a week.

The band manager loves Indian food. But he could not find an Indian food restaurant near our hotel. I am very sensitive to greasy food but I do like Indian food ..and I can tolerate spicy foods as well.

In Holland, we rented bicycles to get around the city..it is small and easier to get around this way. The counter person at the bike rental store was Indian, so my manager asked if he knew of any good authentic Indian food restaurants nearby. The counter person happened to have a business card for a local Indian food restaurant..and told us it is owned by his brother, and is really authentic and good.

So, that evening we deciding to try it out. It was hard to find though. It was located below ground level of an office building, had no signs or indication of a restaurant at all. When we went down stairs and entered the hallway..it looked like everything was closed. But we saw the number on a door and knocked. Someone opened the door..and sure enough..it looked like an authentic Indian restaurant inside.

The manager likes really really spicy food..so he usually orders the chicken or lamb vindaloo...with extra vindaloo sauce on the side. I can not handle vindaloo so I usually go tandora or tikka.

I ordered chicken tandora, he went lamb vindaloo with a side of vindaloo sauce.

The food actually tasted decent and fresh. I used a tiny bit of his vindaloo sauce on my tandora to spice it up a bit and it tasted really good although it burned my mouth a little.

We went straight from the Indian food restaurant back to the hotel to relax. A few minutes after I had lied down, I had abdominal cramps and discomfort..and headed for the toilet. Sorry if my being descriptive offends or sickens anyone..but I had a severe case of explosive diarrhea, including a very painful burning sensation in the "area"...and very liquid. This lasted for what seemed like hours and actually brought tears to my eyes. The manager though I was faking it..he was mocking me and then actually got annoyed with me thinking I was pretending. I told him this was from that damn Indian place he took me to in some creepy Amsterdam office building basement and perhaps it was not a wise decision to trust the bicycle counter person to advise a good place to eat.

He told me he felt fine and again accused me of pretending and dramatizing.

Fast Forward.. the following morning. The manager was on the toilet for what seemed like hours...suffering the EXACT same fate I had right after we got back from the restaurant.

So..it seems apparent that different people have different tolerance and a different rate of metabolism. I suffered the symptoms very quickly..it took him around 8 hours. But it is fairly conclusive due to the identical symptoms..and this was the only time we had eaten together for days...that we both had gotten sick from the Indian food restaurant, and suffered the horrible fate many hours apart.

CONTAMINATED- BURKER KING BREAKFAST

AUTHOR: mpat - (USA)

I got off the phone with my brother yesterday and he mentioned that the gastrointestinal symptoms are still there for him.  The diarrhea, stomach pain and gas are still there for him.  For me on the other hand the symptoms subsided after a couple of days.  Now my bowels are regular.  The diarrhea seems to have gone away and the gas has gone away.  I do not have stomach pain and nausea has gone away as well.  I really would not wish this type of occurance to happen to anyone!  It's a shame that this occurs.  I do not want to eat there again! This place has lost me as a customer!

One other suggestion...

AUTHOR: spc3rd - (USA)

For those individuals who may believe they have acquired suspected food poisoning after eating at a particular food establishment...you might wish to consider checking with your local health department.  Ask to review and/or obtain copies of their health inspection reports for the restuarant in question and/or any other restuarants you may consider dining at.

(If they are unwilling to provide this info, you may want to file a request under the Freedom of Information Act).  Also, ask the restuarant owner/manager to see their current health department inspection certificate(s).  In most localities, these certificates are required by law to be posted in a conspicuous location at the business.

One other noteworthy item regarding food poisoning is the symptoms of it CAN occur...both in very short order or a little bit longer time frame following food consumption.  (As I believe one poster stated...the very young and elderly can be particularly susceptible/sensitive to the onset symtoms & problems associated with food poisoning).

I also agree with what one poster said, (i.e. try and retain a sample of any loose stool, diarrhea, or vomitus for lab analysis).  This could very well help narrow down the responsible "culprit."

Really?

AUTHOR: doesitmatter77 - (United States of America)

How about you just don't eat there again? You actually took the time to write this report and give all the disgusting details. What do you want to happen? They close forever? Pay you a lot of money? The dumbest report I have ever read on here!

Leave it to Karl...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

....To turn a report about getting sick from BK...to a bank of america poem. Yeah..I can see the connection...NOT! Oh, and the poem sucks..it may make you as sick as the BK did.

Mpat, Maybe our entire system in America has become....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

contaminated and that's why we're experiencing so many problems in this country, right?

When people eat contaminated food, their bodies react due to the bacteria which creates the symptoms like diarrhea, stomach pain, and gas, correct?

Perhaps our entire 'system' in America needs a 'cleansing' that would eliminate all the 'bad stuff' that has made our country a bit 'sick', wouldn't you agree?

P.S. "BANK SONG 8" was submitted at the BANK OF AMERICA page of this site in the consumer comments section a few minutes ago. Maybe it will be available later today for everyone to sing.

contaminated food- burger king

AUTHOR: mpat - (USA)

I don't think i was paying close attention to the time.  It may have been more than a hour possibly even two.  All i know is what had happened to me.  The symptoms seem to be going away.  I have been drinking lots of water.  Have not had diarrhea today at all.  So i am thinking everything is going to be all right.  However i should not have gone thru this in the first place.  this should of never happened to us.

It may depend on metabolism...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..when I get those exact symptoms from food..for myself it usually occurs in under 2 hours.

Now I am not going to agree that BK did this on purpose to it's customers...but I can say more often then not when I eat out..particularly fast food, I notice discomfort right away...and full blown symptoms as described in the report in under 2 hours. Maybe my stomach is sensitive I don't know..but I think most people can tell how long after they ate some crap that it made them sick.

contaminated breakfast food- burger king

AUTHOR: mpat - (USA)

All i know is what happened to me and what my brother told me what happened to him.  I was perfectly fine the night before.  Other members of my family who live in my home including my wife and son do not have any symptoms of what i experienced.   They are doing fine today and have no symptoms.  I am the only one in my house who has this.  I know the symptoms occured after i ate the burger king breakfast food.  My brother who lives in a different house also experienced the symptoms of diarrhea, stomach pain, gas and nausea.  My symptoms have subsided to the point where i do not have the diarrhea anymore but i still have the gas like symptoms.  I am suspecting that someone who gave the food thru the drivethru did not wash their hands or somehow spread something in the food.  I think that a feces specimen would be good approach.  But i wonder if it will show up in there.

Diarrhea, gas, upset stomach, pain in stomach by burger king breakfast

AUTHOR: mpat - (USA)

All i know is what happened to me. My brother also had the symptoms and he lives in another house and i did not see him before the incident for some time.  Stool sample would be something to do to find out whats going on.  I find it interesting that my brother who also felt perfectly fine before eating there and lives at another house developed the symptoms as well when he went back to his home.  I know i was feeling fine before eating the burger king breakfast and after eating  i developed the symptoms.  My brother on the other hand went to sleep and then shortly after had to wake up due to pain in his stomach.

Not Burger King

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You didnt get food poisoining from Burger King if it only took an hour to set it.

Look at where you and your brother ate or drank the night before, or the flu that is going around.

Mpat, If you 'Google' this- RONNY G RIP OFF, and go to....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Ripoff Report #659863 you can read 'Consumer Comment #4', where he states that he suffers from "dysentery" for at least 24 hours after eating KFC chicken, right?

I believe that it is very possible you and your brother received contaminated food at the Burger King restaurant which gave you all of those symptoms, like 'diarrhea', 'stomach pain', 'nausea', & 'gas'.

*You can contact all of your Local News Stations and maybe one of their Investigative Reporters will do a story that will get the attention of many people in your area, and perhaps other people will come forward who ate food at this Burger King and experienced the same symptoms as you and your brother did, correct?

Keep us posted, and I hope the both of you are feeling better.

What proof do have that Burger King gave you food poison?

AUTHOR: Go4gold - (USA)

What proof do have that Burger King gave you food poison?

The symptoms of food poisoning usually affect your stomach and intestines (gastrointestinal tract).

The first symptom is usually diarrhea.
  • Other symptoms include feeling sick to your stomach (nausea),

vomiting, and abdominal cramps.
The time it takes for symptoms to appear, how severe the symptoms are, and how long the symptoms last depend on the infecting organism, your age, and your overall health. Acute onset of abdominal cramps with diarrhea starts 8-24 hours after ingestion.

So if it was food poison, you got it the night before.

Also, you may have gotten the stomach flu.

Stomach virus or Gastroenteritis is otherwise known as stomach flu.  Diarrhea is the major symptom of stomach upset.    The other stomach flu symptoms such as vomiting and feeling comfortable when stuck in toilet for long hours make a person get upset.  Everything happens due to viral infection.

So unless you had a lab tested your food from Burger King and you had a doctor examination for food poisoning, you cannot accuse Burger King of any wrong doing.