Complaint Review: Burkett outdoor advertising LP

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Randy — Amarillo Texas United States of America
Burkett outdoor advertising LP
Po box 50372 Amarillo, Texas United States of America

Burkett outdoor advertising LP Misrepresented and gave me false information on equipment Amarillo, Texas

We were building a new billboard when approached by two guys in a new truck from New Mexico. Had a truckload of generators, air compressor, power washer and trash pump. Showed me a fake invoice with inflated prices and said they were picking these items up from a warehouse and salespeople had them in a trade show. Said boss said sell them to any reputable commercial business and they offered all of it to me for $6250.00 instead of $14,500.00. Told them no and they supposedly got their boss on the phone and he said $5000.00 and that came with a full warranty and anything could be returned for any reason within 30 days and I bit. They followed me to office and I was writing a company check and the guy said make it out to PowR-Quip or Driver. Said he was told to go get a cashiers check with it. I told him I would not write it to him individually even though he was the driver. I took him to my bank and he re-assured me that it all had warranties and a 30 day return policy for any reason. Gave him the check and he delivered them to my business and once again said we could return items for any reason and I have 4 witnesses to that fact. After they left I called Tahoe several times and got recordings. Finally talked to some girl who assured me nothing was stolen and they are ligit. Hung up and called Albuquerque PowR-Quip and I'll be damned, the same girl answered the phone from Vegas. Told them I had mechanics look at items and it appears they are not really Honda engines and she laughed at me and hung up. Several more calls have gone unanswered, just recordings. It appears I may have bought knockoffs from China. I have tried and tried to return items but nobody will cooperate.

They totally lied about everything in the sales pitch, return policy etc. I am filing a report with the Albuquerque police after Christmas and another with the Las Vegas PD not sure if it will help or not.

They are quick to post some rebuttal and threaten people with a lawsuit but they have never offered me a refund. All I want is my $5000.00 back and they can pickup their items but they have refused. Apparently they cashed my check under the wrong person to whom it was made payable to at Bank of America. My bank is returning it to BOA for wrong endorsement. I'm hoping they will then refund my money and come get their products.

Since this was done across state lines as I live in Texas and they were from New Mexico and Nevada, I'm wondering if the FBI could help me?

Not sure where this will all end up but I wanted to simply warn other people so they won't go through what I am going through now.

I don't know anything about Tahoe or PowR-Quip. I'm not sure if these guys were really even with those companies. All I know is they assured me they were but time will tell the truth.

Rather than threaten me, I wished they would simply call me so we can get this matter resolved. They have my phone number and address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burkett-outdoor-advertising-LP/Amarillo-Texas-/Burkett-outdoor-advertising-LP-Misrepresented-and-gave-me-false-information-on-equipment-985577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burkett outdoor advertising LP