Complaint Review: Burlington Coat Factory

• Submitted: Tue, February 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 13, 2007

• Reported By:Kilgore Texas
Burlington Coat Factory
103 W. Loop 281 Longview, Texas U.S.A.

Burlington Coat Factory ripoff Emotionally abusing employees reports of workers in tears boxes on floor where aisles are blocked Longview Texas

I am a customer, but am also a close friend of an employee at this particular store. I write because this employee called me on lunch break today, in tears from the stress AGAIN. This is not the only employee I have heard of in this store who is breaking down emotionally on the job. I know of at least three other individuals who have broken down crying on the sales floor because they are asked to do the jobs that the store is supposed to have staffed with two or three to do.

"Get those roll racks out!"

"Get your area recovered or you're not leaving!"

"YOU have to watch the dressing room, and if something is stolen, you will be held responsible!" (This while you're trying to cram merchandise on racks that are already crammed full, and trying to keep your area, roughly one-quarter of the store, clean)

If you are in the East Texas area, I encourage you to boycott this store until they are sufficiently staffed to allow people to work without undue stress, or tell management that you will not shop there until policies are changed to allow workers to work effectively. Managers are berating employees in front of customers to the point of what I believe is emotional abuse. I do not care to witness this any more.

I also want to mention how crammed full of boxes and racks this store always is. It is being referred to as an "upscale Goodwill". Several times I have nearly fallen over boxes that were in the aisles. This practice is A FIRE HAZARD!!

One more thing -- my friend must keep this job, therefore I am writing under another name. I am sorry I must do this, but I will protect my friend at all costs.

BOYCOTT BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY IN LONGVIEW, TEXAS!!

Danielle
Kilgore, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2007 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burlington-Coat-Factory/Longview-Texas-75605/Burlington-Coat-Factory-ripoff-Emotionally-abusing-employees-reports-of-workers-in-tears-b-235808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burlington Coat Factory