Complaint Review: Burlington KIA motors

• Updated: Tue, September 01, 2009

• Reported By: james — newark Delaware USA
Burlington KIA motors
7 wset route 130 south burlington city, New Jersey United States of America

Burlington KIA motors auto sales compsny in New jersey seeling KIA'S at this location charged a hidden $100 registration fee for out sourcing thier own paperwork for out of state registrations. hidden as registration burlington city, New Jersey

* : common

we recently purchased a kia from burlington kia in new jersey. after asking the sales person if they could handle the registration because we were from delaware. they said "no problem" and it would not be extra.

once i recieved my delaware registration i noticed it was only for 6 months so i called and asked them why i was charged $160 for registration fees that should be only $50.  I thought I was getting a 3 year registration for our new car. they told me $25 for title, $35 for registration fee( $10 rip-off because it is only $25 in delaware) and $ 100 for an agent fee.

I said what is an agent fee and then I was told that this was a charge for someon else who does not work in their offices to handle out of state registration fees. obviously a $100 rip off fee they do not tell you about and actually hide from out of state buyers.  i called and spoke to thier manager and he basically told me sorry,however we are not refunding you your money although he agreed it was something we should have been told. he told me basically it's thier fault but we are still going to try to screw you out of your money and do something about it if you think you can.

if I were looking for a new or used car be very careful if you are thinking about buying anything from Burlington auto group in new jersey if you are from out of state.  you will get ripped -off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burlington-KIA-motors/burlington-city-New-Jersey-08016/Burlington-KIA-motors-auto-sales-compsny-in-New-jersey-seeling-KIAS-at-this-location-char-488400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burlington KIA motors

#1

common

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

Yes I see that most dealers charge a Registration or Filing fee in the finance office whether you finance through them or not. Its a rip off and done by most dealers. If they rtold you it was for this, I think you would still have been charged it if yoiu hadn't done your registration through them. You would just have been asked to produce your credit card or it would have been burried in your financing. My ony suggestion to those trying to avoid this is make your deal "all fees and charges included" you will still pay it but will know up front and how much so you can compare apples to apples.