Complaint Review: Bursey and Associates

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Anon — Arizona
Bursey and Associates
3561 E Sunrise Dr Tucson, Arizona USA

Bursey and Associates I had a judgement I didn't know about because my recently deceased husband hid mail, etc from me. Once I explained this to them, they settled for their client with me at a certain dollar amount. I paid this amount and now they are trying to collect the balance. These people fraudulently presented a settlement amount to me so that I would willingly send payment. Once I jumped through all of their hoops, they started trying to collect more!! Tucson Arizona

I had a judgements against me that I was unaware of.  I had not been served and my recently deceased husband hid mail from me.  Regardless, when I found out, I called them and they presented me with a settlement amount after talking to their client.  I did everything they asked and paid the agreed upon amount.  They never reported the judgement as settled with the courts AND they are trying to collect more!!   They fraudulently presented me with a settlement amount.

I found the below comment from another attorneys website.

Bursey & Associates is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau. The Bureau has given them a rating of a D- , there was one complaint filed against the firm with the BBB and they never responded to the complaint or tried to resolve it in any way. A search under the firms name with Justia shows the firm has been sued on 13 separate occasions for violating FDCPA regulations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bursey-and-Associates/Tucson-Arizona-85718/Bursey-and-Associates-I-had-a-judgement-I-didnt-know-about-because-my-recently-deceased-1108270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bursey and Associates