Complaint Review: Burst.net

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: Consumer — Leeds Other United Kingdom
Burst.net

Burst.net OS license not supplied, emails ignored Internet

I was looking for a reliable hosting company to provide services for a new hosting company I am setting up when I (unfortunately) came accross burst.net

I paid $39.95 for the first month and received an email with instructions for logging onto my new Windows server.

Before I could connect to the Windows server, I was forced to install a VNC client, connect to the server and then had to configure the Windows server to allow remote access before I could use Windows Remote Desktop.

OK, I'm pretty good with server admin so this wasn't a big deal for me but I pity anyone using the burst.net service who are not so technically minded.

Finally logged into the Windows 2012 Server via remote desktop but discovered the server OS license was not activated! I checked their site and there is some very tiny words near the bottom of the page (after the 'Buy Now' buttons) that say:

"* IMPORTANT: Client is responsible for providing installation software and keys/licenses for ALL Microsoft and third-party software required to be installed, if not purchased thru BurstNET.

I emailed the company and received this email about 7 hours later:

Hello.

I am sorry for the confusion, however, we do not charge for customers to activate a license that comes with their windows VPS. The license is included in the fee we charge for the VPS.

I can forward this ticket now to our Windows Support department who can further assist you, as it appears that there was an error in validation of the license for this VPS.

Once again, I assure you that we only ask customers to provide their own license, with dedicated servers in which a customer optionally chooses to not purchase a license through us, and wants to use their own.

Thank you.

I replied:

I thought it was a bit strange :-)

Still haven't received the key though..

Regards..

After 4 hours waiting for a reply I sent:

Hi,

I have emailed you twice about the missing license and I still have not received a reply.If you cannot supply the license then please cancel my account and refund my money immediately.

If I don't hear from you VERY shortly I will have no alternative but to cancel my PayPal subscription and take steps at PayPal to recover my money.

I am still waiting for a reply another 3 hours later :-(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burstnet/internet/Burstnet-OS-license-not-supplied-emails-ignored-Internet-977951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burst.net