• Report: #190506

Complaint Review: Business Computer Training Institute, B.C.T.I.

• Submitted: Mon, May 08, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, May 08, 2006

• Reported By:Spanaway Washington
Business Computer Training Institute, B.C.T.I.
Tacoma Mall Blvd Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

Business Computer Training Institute, B.C.T.I. ripoff Tacoma Washington

In 1989 both a friend and I attended training at the Tacoma location. We both scored very high n the grading for the medical insurance billing class, and graduated our program. At the time we enrolled, we were promised job placement assistance, we were promised that we were getting top training, and that at any time we could (after completing the training) retake or brush up on any and all parts of the training we were paying for. We both took out loans for this program, as well as applying for and receiving Pell grants.

No company would hire either one of us for the job we trained for, and all it ended up was thousands of dollars wasted, 4 months of wasted time, and years of headaches trying to figure out how to pay money back for this rip off school.

By the time I was able to pay the loan back, the amount had almost doubled, and I feel I am luckier than some, but we were all taken advantage of, and this was a ply by this school, who up until the day they closed their doors, were still advertising in the State assistance offices, and telemarketing, oh, and by the way, the program my friend and I completed, that program was cancelled, and they would not honor their promise for any other future services, refresher courses, or repeat trainings.

I hope that they lose in court and have to repay all these grants and that everyone ever taken advantage of by this group finds that the law is on their side! It is probably way to late for me and my friend, but A RIP OFF IS A RIP OFF, and everyone, BEWARE!!

T
Spanaway, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2006 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Business-Computer-Training-Institute-BCTI/Tacoma-Washington-98408/Business-Computer-Training-Institute-BCTI-ripoff-Tacoma-Washington-190506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Business Computer Training Institute, B.C.T.I.