Complaint Review: Business Computer Training Institute

• Reported By: Susan — Mossy Rock Washington United States of America
Business Computer Training Institute
5825 Tacoma Mall Boulevard Tacoma, Washington United States of America

Business Computer Training Institute BCTI Complaint Report Tacoma Washington

I attended BTCI back in 1991 I believe in the month of April.  I don't remember exactly what day or month it was but I do remember upon them calling me and telling me when to start, I had already missed a day when I did because they gave me the incorrect date.

I completed the coarse and the night we graduated three months later we were given a big brown envelope with our certificate inside.  After we graduated I reached in the envelope to find it empty.

I went to the office and asked them why there was no certificate and they told me because I wasn't qualified to go to school there.  They accused me of lying on my enrollment form when they asked me if I ever received a pel grant from the state.  I had checked no.

They then told me if I wanted my certificate then I would have to give them the whole amount for the three month coarse which was a cost of 2,300.00 or somewhere around there.  I was on welfare at this time.

I told them I didn't lie on my enrollment form and that I had attended a school prior to theirs in 1983 to where I had to go to the bank and apply for a student loan.  I told them I paid for my schooling not the state.  They said and you got a pel grant included in your school funding.

I was not aware of that and took a pel grant for a whole different meaning, which is why I had checked no for that question.  It wasn't because I purposely lied to try to get away with something when all they had to do is pick up the phone to verify which I expected them to do in order to complete the enrollment.

Had they gone over and verified my application knowing my social security number they could of told me I was not qualified.

Last year in 2011 I started receiving phone calls from a collection agency.  I was so mad the lady hung up on me but they did call back and explained the situation and their question was "when are you going to start paying for this?  So I hung up on them.

I have moved from that residence and they no longer have my phone number but I'm sure they will find me again.  I was not aware of BCTI getting sued or for what they did so I am finding out only to report my experience.

I don't even know what my grade's were but I know they were good because I did extra credit and left the project with the school ( a skeleton model I put together piece by piece) in my anatomy class for a visual model that was placed on the teacher's desk.

I will not pay for the coarse because I was accused as being a  liar and because they breached the contract by denying me my certificate which landed me no job in a medical billing position.  I did not even attempt to go apply anywhere without it.

Now they want their money and I will die before they get a penny out of me.  It was so wrong as to what they did and I seen nothing professional  about their company.  I worked hard to get good grades and paid babysitters while I was away.

This is my story and I am reporting it because it needs to be known to people how schools can screw you and it not all what it appears to be how great they are.  You may contact me if there is any more I should be concerned about.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Business-Computer-Training-Institute/Tacoma-Washington-98409/Business-Computer-Training-Institute-BCTI-Complaint-Report-Tacoma-Washington-987668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Business Computer Training Institute