Complaint Review: Business Medical Institute

• Updated: Sat, September 01, 2012

• Reported By: Miriam — Tomball Texas United States of America
Business Medical Institute
5025 W. Central Ave Suite 5724 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Business Medical Institute BMI World This company ripped me out of my savings in the amount of $12,459.00. I am 73 years of age and am embarrassed to say I fell for this company hook, line & Sinker. Phoenix , Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: You Missed The BIG RED FLAG

I was contacted by this company to do work from home on the internet.  I paid $259.00 via AMEX to get into the program.  On 7/19 Bob Scott called and said he could set up a website to advertise my pharmacy for $4900 (which I did).  He guaranteed 100,000 visitors the first year.  I discovered later that his program was fixed to automatically put in 274 visitors per day.

When I told him I thought the program was fixed, he said he would put the website on facebook, twitter and utube for another $5000.  I did that, then he called to set me up a corporation so I wouldn't have to pay so much tax on all the money I was going to make.  That costs $2300.  The entire scam cost me $12,459.00.  I want this company shut down, but would also love to get my money back.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Business-Medical-Institute/Phoenix-Arizona-85012/Business-Medical-Institute-BMI-World-This-company-ripped-me-out-of-my-savings-in-the-amoun-935788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Business Medical Institute

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You Missed The BIG RED FLAG

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Sorry about your loss but a simple tactic would have saved your money. Do a reverse lookup (Google search) on the street address, minus the 'Suite ####'. It will show you it is the address of a UPS Store. The scammers used a rented mailbox as their company address.

This is such a common ploy. Always verify the company has a REAL street address and not a rented mailbox or 'virtual office'. Cancel the charges with Amex. The scammers will have to reveal their real names and locations to fight the reversal. They won't.