Complaint Review: Butterfly Photo

• Submitted: Fri, December 22, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 22, 2006

• Reported By:Sanford North Carolina
Butterfly Photo
1764A New Durham Rd. South Plainfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

ButterflyPhoto False Mail In Rebate ripoff South Plainfield New Jersey

I bought a new television from ButterflyPhoto.com. The website displayed a mail in rebate for the model that I wanted to buy. The web page listed the initial price, below that a minus sign next to $200 mail in rebate, and finally below that the sub total without shipping which was the initial price minus the rebate. No where did it indicate anything about requiring an additional purchase or anything, just a mail in rebate, so I bit and bought the TV.

When the TV finally arrived there was no paperwork with it for a mail in rebate. I called the store and customer service agent sounded flustered like she had dealt with different customers with the same issue and told me that I had to talk to the manager and she could not help me.

So I called the manager and he told me that this was a typo on the item web page. He then directed me to the policy page and showed me where their policy says they are not responsible for typos. He admitted guilt by crediting me $50, but I was not looking for $50, I am due $200. That is a large difference for me. From there he said he could not do anything else for me, too bad - so sad.

I have since contacted my Attourney Generals office, and written reviews about the store on all websites where I can find to do so. People need to know! Also if any of you have run into this same issue, because I know I am not the only one who got screwed we should assemble for a class-action lawsuit. The disputed amount is not enough for me to personally hire a lawyer, but as a group something could be accomplished!

I urge you: there are so many places out there carrying the product that you want, please do not give your business to ButterflyPhoto.com.

James
Sanford, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2006 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Butterfly-Photo/South-Plainfield-New-Jersey-07080/ButterflyPhoto-False-Mail-In-Rebate-ripoff-South-Plainfield-New-Jersey-226830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Butterfly Photo