Complaint Review: Butterflyphoto.com, Butterfly Photo, Bdd Solutions

• Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: Yani — Cary North Carolina United States of America
Butterflyphoto.com, Butterfly Photo, Bdd Solutions
1764A New Durham Rd. S. Plainefield, New Jersey United States of America

Butterflyphoto.com, Butterfly Photo, Bdd Solutions No warranty card for Tokina AT-X116 PRo DX wide angle lens. Lensinstructions in Japanese only. S. Plainefield, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Improvements in customer service regarding this issue.

I recently made a purchase through amazon.com of the Tokina AT-X116 PRO DX 11-16 mm wide angle lens which was supplied and shipped to me by Butterflyphoto.com. The lens arrived October 27 in good condition. When I opened the box, I found the lens instructions in Japanese not in English and no warranty information for the lens. The following day I talked on the phone with one the ButterflyPhoto agents and inquired about why there was no warranty card. The lady that talked to me told me there was a US warranty for the lens and I could get a verification of the warranty coverage by contacting tokina.lens.com. I did that immediately. I did not find any such information on that web site or telephone number that would allow me to talk to Tokina representatives. On October 29 I sent an e-mail to ButterflyPhoto inquiring why I had not received a warranty card and how this company would rectify the situation. Their reply did not provide any useful information.  On October 30th and 31st I talked to another representative Danny. He again assured me that there was a US warranty of the lens and he would inquire further on this matter and send me information on this matter by mail.

At present I am yet to see any replies form Danny and I am beginning to lose my patience with the way this company is ignoring and not handling my request.

There has not been anyone at this organization with some sense of professional responsibility who could provide me with straight forward and honest answers whether there is a warranty for the lens or not. If there is, as I have been told it is a US warranty not Japanese where is this source to obtain it? I am not going to let this matter drop until I get a satisfactory resolution on what I am requesting. This company's advertising and promotional statements on their  web site as well as at amazon.com portray it to be very efficient. They claim to take pride in their business doing everything possible to provide efficient service to satisfy their customers. Their inaction so far combined with the misinformation received from its agents on the lens warranty paints  an entirely different and rather sad picture for Butterfly Photo.  In the meantime I wish that Amazon.com is aware of this matter and wonder  if you can lend any support or advice to my efforts to resolve this matter. If not at least be aware that this company plays devious and unethical games with their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2009 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Butterflyphotocom-Butterfly-Photo-Bdd-Solutions/S-Plainefield-New-Jersey-07080/Butterflyphotocom-Butterfly-Photo-Bdd-Solutions-No-warranty-card-for-Tokina-AT-X116-PR-523607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Butterflyphoto.com, Butterfly Photo, Bdd Solutions

Improvements in customer service regarding this issue.

AUTHOR: Yani - (United States of America)

The situation described below has been rectified through Danny at Butterfly as of 11/25/09. He was instrumental to sending me a warranty coverage for 5 years and I have thanked him for that. I am told that Butterfly is trying very hard to prevent things like this one from happening in the future I am convinced they are quite serious about it.