Let`s file a lawsuit against Butterfly Labs!
My order number with BFL was 14821, pay-dated 12/12/2012. I asked for a refund, but I only got 60 BTC and not 193 BTC as I initially sent. I saw a similar "locked thread" on their forums where other folks had the same problem. I paid in BTC, I want my BTC back. I even called Butterfly Labs and the person on the phone was able to produce only two phrases over a 5 min discussion/monologue :
- "we wouldn`t have had this conversation if the price of BTC went down" - totally absurd taking into account the current situation... It`s like saying that the sun won`t rise tomorrow morning. BTC is far from fall.
- "that`s not gonna happen" - I think it will happen and it must happen since BFL is making money out of
buying and selling BTC with funds received as preorders.
What most folks here don`t realize is that BFL DOESN`T NEED TO PRODUCE A VALID PRODUCT, they only need to keep the charade going for as much as possible. [continued below]....
..... THEY ARE MAKING MONEY WITH YOUR MONEY and think that are going to get away with it.
Moreover, when I placed my order, I read a post on BFL forums written by Josh himself (accused of fraud... another coincidence maybe) in which he stated that refunds can be made in BTC upon "special request". Of course, the post has magically vanished.....
As educated consumers, we have the right to defend ourselves against this very well elaborated scam. We can:
- file a common law suit (I am open to offers from any KS attorney that is willing to take them to court)
- speak out online. Use websites like ripoffreport.com, ic3.gov to ask for your money back.
-sooner or later law enforcement will come down hard on the company (unless they are already on to it), so time is the essence here.
- don`t be afraid or ashamed to speak out. It is your money and you have the right to fight for it. Strength lies in numbers, let`s bring down the scammers!