- Report: #1036656
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Butterlfy Labs
Butterlfy Labs10770 El Monte, Leawood, KS 66211 Internet United States of America
Butterlfy Labs Butterlfy Labs Scam Refund Scam Internet
My order number with BFL was 14821, pay-dated 12/12/2012. I asked for a refund, but I only got 60 BTC and not 193 BTC as I initially sent. I saw a similar "locked thread" on their forums where other folks had the same problem. I paid in BTC, I want my BTC back. I even called Butterfly Labs and the person on the phone was able to produce only two phrases over a 5 min discussion/monologue :
- "we wouldn`t have had this conversation if the price of BTC went down" - totally absurd taking into account the current situation... It`s like saying that the sun won`t rise tomorrow morning. BTC is far from fall.
- "that`s not gonna happen" - I think it will happen and it must happen since BFL is making money out of
buying and selling BTC with funds received as preorders.
What most folks here don`t realize is that BFL DOESN`T NEED TO PRODUCE A VALID PRODUCT, they only need to keep the charade going for as much as possible. THEY ARE MAKING MONEY WITH YOUR MONEY and think that are going to get away with it.
Moreover, when I placed my order, I read a post on BFL forums written by Josh himself (accused of fraud... another coincidence maybe) in which he stated that refunds can be made in BTC upon "special request". Of course, the post has magically vanished.....
As educated consumers, we have the right to defend ourselves against this very well elaborated scam. We can:
- file a common law suit (I am open to offers from any KS attorney that is willing to take them to court)
- speak out online. Use websites like ripoffreport.com, ic3.gov to ask for your money back.
-sooner or later law enforcement will come down hard on the company (unless they are already on to it), so time is the essence here.
- don`t be afraid or ashamed to speak out. It is your money and you have the right to fight for it. Strength lies in numbers, let`s bring down the scammers!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Butterlfy-Labs/internet/Butterlfy-Labs-Butterlfy-Labs-Scam-Refund-Scam-Internet-1036656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.