Complaint Review: Buxton Bag

• Submitted: Sun, June 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:Halifax Nova Scotia
Buxton Bag
P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Buxton Bag Price charged completely different from prices displayed during ordering process. Wallingford Connecticut

I went to Buxton Bag's website and proceeded to order a bag with their on-line order process. I was shown prices for each item during the ordering process but the order was put through without chance to cancel and prices charged were not the same as those displayed during the order process. There is no email for customer service and their business hours are only from about 10am to 4pm Mon-Friday which is going to make is very hard for me to contact them.

Here is a list of prices as they were advertised to me during the order process:

19.95 Buxton Bag
9.95 Processing and Handling
8.95 P+H additional bag (Buy one get one free)
10.00 Upgrade to deluxe bag
9.95 Organizer Wallet (No P+H fees)
5.95 Upgrade to Priority Shipping
_________________________________
74.75 Total Cost

When the order went through, it instead looked like this:

1 x 29.95 Buxton Deluxe bag
1 x 29.95 Buxton Deluxe bag
2 x 19.90 Buxton Palm Wallet
1 x 0.00 Priority Shipping

Shipping 41.64
___________________________________
141.34

That is 66.59 more than I am supposed to be charged for this order. They are charging me for the second bag when they advertised it as free with only an addition P+H charge of 8.95 and the Palm wallet is TWICE the price advertised and they are charging me for 2 of them when I only ordered 1. My total shipping fees should be 24.85 but as you can see, I am being charged way more than that with no explanation of the extra charge. One could presume it is from the 1 extra Palm wallet but even if that were the case, it should only be an additional 9.95 at most which is still nowhere near the shipping total.

I am so incredibly angry that I am going to have to waste a lot of my time to try to cancel this order and have the charges reversed. My bank told me I can "dispute" the charges but that is not the same as reversing them and will this company try to hurt my credit if I they don't receive payment?

I can't believe rules still allow this kind of scamming.

Marcel
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2009 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buxton-Bag/Wallingford-Connecticut-06490/Buxton-Bag-Price-charged-completely-different-from-prices-displayed-during-ordering-proces-459439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buxton Bag