Complaint Review: Buy Magic Mesh

• Updated: Fri, October 21, 2011

• Reported By: M.C. in New Jersey USA — CHATHAM New Jersey USA
Buy Magic Mesh
PO Box 3179, Wallingford Connecticut 06494 Internet United States of America

Buy Magic Mesh Deceptive practices, steep overcharging, and processing credit card charge without prior approval Internet

*Consumer Comment: I am the busiest retired person in the country.

*Consumer Comment: Fraudulent marketing practices

*Consumer Comment: Sneaky and unethical and downright dishonest

*Consumer Comment: First, what company did you do business with?

The website presents you with successive offers to upgrade and order additional products. I accepted a $5.00 upgrade to a sturdier mesh and declined all others. I should have been charged $19.95 for the one mesh panel I ordered plus $5.00 for the upgrade and $7.95 for the P&H, a total of $32.95. Instead, before having a chance to review and authorize the order, I received a confirmation page for 2 "deluxe" products @$59.90 and P&H for $31.80, for a total of $91.70! I was unable to cancel it, there is nowhere on the website to do that and no email to write them. Their Customer Service, for which there is a tel. no., is closed on weekends, when I placed my order.  I imagine this company's aggressive tactics pay off, as some people don't go through the trouble and time consuming effort of trying to cancel the order due to the additional charges. I will now have to try remember and try to do this over the phone on a weekday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2011 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy-Magic-Mesh/internet/Buy-Magic-Mesh-Deceptive-practices-steep-overcharging-and-processing-credit-card-charge-783802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy Magic Mesh

I am the busiest retired person in the country.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I have been accused, on this forum, of working for MANY companies, Volvo, DirectTV, Dish Network, Bank of America, MANY, MANY others and now Magic Mesh.  Sure wish all these companies would pay me what they owe me....I'd be rich.

Sneaky and unethical and downright dishonest
AUTHOR: Judith Reid - miramar (United States of America)
SUBMITTED: Friday, October 21, 2011POSTED: Friday, October 21, 2011
It WAS clear to me and probably the majority of people using the site.  They likely have a high sales volume and only  "Scores of people" have got it wrong.

I can't answer for anyone else's reading comprehension, or even yours, but I WAS able to figure it out.

The mail will be here soon and I'm looking forward to receiving a bunch of checks from all the companies I "work" for.

Fraudulent marketing practices

AUTHOR: Judith Reid - (United States of America)

This is the company's standard, spin-doctored response. I have seen it on many other places.

Notice it doesn't address the fact that I had no way of confirming my order or changing my order and that it went directly to purchasing. Nor does it address that fact that the website says it can take up to 48 hours for the order to be in the system and when I called "customer service" they told me 2-24 hours to appear in the system and that I had to call back later which I did three times and got the same response. Nor does it address the fact that the "status update" page agreed with the customer service rep in that it wasn't in the system and so nothing could be done. Nor does it address the notion that somehow, magically, although the order wasnt "in the system" it was fulfilled same day and I was told it was already on the truck at 8am the morning after even though up to 7pm the night of the order it still wasn't "in the system."
Clearly your company is a fraud. Clearly "not in the system" is standard speak for "we have your money and you're not getting it back." And clearly, the hundreds of complaints about the exact issue means nothing to your company because it is set up to rip the customer off and then worry about it later knowing full well that only a handful of customers will follow up.

Face it - your company is a fraud!

Sneaky and unethical and downright dishonest

AUTHOR: Judith Reid - (United States of America)

The person who wrote the rebuttal is suggesting that scores of people who have complained didn't understand what was so clear to him and him alone because clearly he works for the marketing department of the company. Well I also spent the last 3o years of my life in marketing and this is dishonest, sneaky and designed to scam people out of their money style of marketing.

First, what company did you do business with?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Was it "Magic Mess.com" or "Magic Mesch.com?"...You list both on your report.

Here's from the order page of "Magic Mesc.com.....

"Step 3 - Place Order

Send Me:
The Magic Mesh door cover set today for only $19.95 plus $7.95 P&H and get a second set FREE! Just pay additional $7.95 P&H. Each set contains two panels.

How many Buy One, Get One Free sets would you like to order?

Select Quantity: 123456"

It seems pretty clear to me.  Quantity 1 would get you 1 set + 1 "free" set= total 2 sets.

You ordered Quantity 2 and got double what you expected, but the site is really pretty clear on this.

Barton