Complaint Review: Buy Plumbing

• Submitted: Thu, April 05, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 08, 2012

• Reported By: Sheri — Atascadero California United States of America
Buy Plumbing
9150 South 300 West, Building #4, Sandy, UT 84070 Internet United States of America

Buy Plumbing BuyPlumbing.net Buyer Beware! Return Shipping Costs Five Times Original Shipping Fees! Don't Take a Chance on Large Items! Internet

*Author of original report: What a load of Crap!

*UPDATE Employee: Shipping

I bought a colored Kohler bathroom sink from Buy Plumbing online with the guarantee I could ship it back if I didn't like it.

The item shipped for under $17, so I figured I could ship it back for a similar fee. That was worth the gamble.

But when I tried to return it, UPS wanted $80 to send it back! They explained the difference was due to the discounts they give Buy Plumbing and advised I get a return label from them.

I attempted to get a return label from Buy Plumbing and offered to pay for it, but they refused!

This is how you get stuck with their product! No one can afford to ship any kind of large item back! What a rip off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2012 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy-Plumbing/internet/Buy-Plumbing-BuyPlumbingnet-Buyer-Beware-Return-Shipping-Costs-Five-Times-Original-Shipp-864504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy Plumbing

What a load of Crap!

AUTHOR: srhatas - (United States of America)

I bought my sink DIRECTLY from BuyPlumbing.com, not Amazon, and the shipping fee was no error. Their customer service person told me that the reason there was such a disparity between the shipping price to me vs. what it would cost to ship the sink back was that UPS gives them a volume discount. When I asked for a preprinted return receipt (using their volume discount), they refused to send one even if I offered to pay for it. You can see by the attitude expressed in the rebuttal to my complaint that this company has no idea what customer service is. Who would order a $135 colored sink online thinking it would cost the same to ship it back as it cost to ship it out, if they knew it would cost $90 to ship it back! That is not gambling-- that is a ripoff! It would have cost them nothing extra to send me a prepaid return receipt using their volume discount. Instead they lost a customer and I hope several more! Thanks Rip-Off Report.

Shipping

AUTHOR: BuyPlumbing - (United States of America)

This was an order placed from Amazon. The amount he was charged in freight shipping was a mistake made by Amazon. We actually paid much more than that to ship this item freight. He was always free to call or email to verify that $17.00 shipping charge if he was unsure. As he stated - he gambled.

It was the customer's choice not to keep the tub. Our terms and conditions clearly state that the customer is responsible for all shipping charges when they choose to return an item. Shipping is a real cost and reality makes it expensive. That is why we strive to give the customer all of the information they need so that they will be happy with their purchase. We are not responsible for their remorse or their change of mind.