Complaint Review: Buy Wheels Today

• Reported By: Scott — Blue Springs Missouri United States of America
Buy Wheels Today
3650 E Kemper Rd Cincinnati, OH 45241 Internet United States of America

Buy Wheels Today Buy Wheels Online Defective tires, Will NOT RETURN Internet

*Author of original report: More bad news for me

Ordered through Amazon on Oct 12th, 2 Nexen tires. Delivered Oct 16th. Took that night and paid $30 for local Walmart to mount/balance. Driving home, steering wheel shaking above 60mph. Took back to Walmart next evening for rebalance, same result.. Called Buy Wheels Today on Oct 18th. They told me to go to Mike's Service Center for warranty. Took off work Friday morning Oct 19th to go to Mike's. Pulled wheels, put on balancer, found tires to be "out of round" and had "radial runout". Wayne, mngr of Mike's noted on ticket, and that Mikes had no way to warranty this model Nexen tire. Not sold in area.  Called Buy Wheels Today again. Told could either ship back, at my expense, and get possibly 50% refund???, or deal with Nexen Tire USA. Called Nexen, got voicemail. After an hour and a half, called back. Got a person who said she would look into it. Called me back sometime later, sent me to a warehouse, that did not mount tires... Called them back. Wanted me to drive 200miles. Not acceptable. Finally called me back late in day, said a shop 30 miles away could warranty them. I called them, no answer. I told Mike's(who I now owed money to for diagnosis), to mount 2 of their tires before they closed on Friday. 100% fixed problem. Never heard back from Buy Wheels, so filed claim with Amazon.com on Nov 2nd. Some confusion with Amazon about when I contacted Buy Wheels> guess Buy Wheels lied about talking to me on Oct 18th? I faxed phone records showing MULTIPLE calls to Buy Wheels Today, and Nexen Tire USA, along with receipt from Mike's Service(who Buy Wheels sent me to), with notation of defective tires, to Amazon.com. So then Buy Wheels denies refund, still saying tires are now USED, with 60 total miles on them. 40+ going to shop THEY sent me to! Amazon credited my account $30, to cover shipping(hope that's enough, will ship tonight), Buy Wheels saying they cannot pay shipping back, because I filed A to Z claim with Amazon! Never in my 46 years have I had to deal with this horrible customer service! Now Buy Wheels Today is saying I better hurry and send the tires back, AT MY COST, before they change their mind about my refund! Seriously? Yes, I have ALL the emails.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy-Wheels-Today/internet/Buy-Wheels-Today-Buy-Wheels-Online-Defective-tires-Will-NOT-RETURN-Internet-970152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy Wheels Today

More bad news for me

AUTHOR: Scott - (United States of America)

Shipping back to Oh from Mo is $78 for 2 passenger tires. I also will note that Nexen Tire USA says they will NOT honor warranty's for tires sold online. So basically, if you purchase tires from Buy Wheels Today, and they are defective, won't balance, bead won't seat etc, you are stuck with them. If you pay to have them mounted(only way to tell they are bad), you will be out that money, plus pay shipping back, and offered a 50% refund.

On my claim, then would net me IN THE HOLE on this purchase. $204 dollars for tires, - $30 for mounting balancing, - $78 shipping back, +$102 return.... Completely absurd! And surely against all states consumer protection laws! Not to mention I had to buy tires from the shop Buy Wheels sent me to, at a much higher cost, or have the defective tires put back on, or tow my vehicle and have it inoperable until this was resolved...

The Tirerack honors returns. I purchased 4 tires 10 yrs ago for my truck. One of them wanted 12 oz's weight to balance. The installer recommended I not use it. One call to Tirerack, and a FRIENDLY guy overnighted a new tire, and a pre paid return shipping label. He instructed me to get the new tire mounted, make sure all was well, then send the old one back. No cost to me. That is the way you build a customer base! Maybe Buy Wheels Today should take note.