Complaint Review: Buy

• Submitted: Fri, July 13, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 13, 2007

• Reported By:Paris Tennessee
85 Enterprise Suite 100 Aliso Viejo, California U.S.A.

Buy - Connect3D fail to honor rebates and buy.com ignores customers ripoff Aliso Viejo California

I purchased a Connect3D 2.0GB USB Flash drive from Buy.com on 1/25/2007 with the promise of receiving a $50 Manufacture Rebate. I sent in all necessary documentation on time, and the status changed to processing in mid-march.

Since then, I have heard nothing from Connect3D. Calls to them are futile because their phone has been disconnected.

I try to email Buy.com to see if they know anything. FOUR emails go totally unanswered. Buy.com doesn't seem to care if there customers are happy or not.

I then call Buy.com, and after being placed on hold for 15 minutes I am told that Connect3D has gone out of business and they will forward my information to the Buy.com rebate department. About a week goes buy and I call again. This time, I am told that a $50 rebate has been approved and will be credited to my credit card within 3 business days.

I never received this so called credit. Buy.com entered into a legal verbal contract with me buy telling me they would refund the money and did not, which can be heard by pulling the recording of my conversation. Now they are not answering my emails again.

Paris, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656/Buy-Connect3D-fail-to-honor-rebates-and-buycom-ignores-customers-ripoff-Aliso-Viejo-Cal-260695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy