Complaint Review: BuyMixTapes.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 21, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 10, 2007

• Reported By:20784 Maryland
BuyMixTapes.com
PO Box 175 Greensburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

BuyMixTapes.com - They Ripped Me Off Too Greensburg Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: IP Address Logging is No Longer Used

I've been a member with BuyMixTapes.com for a few months. Over the past week they've been out of control, billing my credit card twice not responding to any of my emails. I've even found their number but of course no answer.

Here are my issues in detail:

1. I was forced to sign up a second time. Reason being that they changed their billing system. I had an account with them previous to this error so I shouldn't have had to go through this process. But I did.

2. I sign up again now you have to put in your IP Address along with a new name and password. Now I have a BS in Computer Management Information Systems I figured that they would take it into account lets say for DSL users.. the IP Address does change when you log on to DSL again (A dynamic IP address). But of course they didn't what was I thinking. So I am still locked out of the website with member charges on my credit card account.

3. And last I NEVER GET A RESPONSE TO ANY EAMILS!!!!

In turn I had to contact my bank to have the charges removed and any in coming charges blocked.

PLEASE DON'T BE FOOLED BY BUYMIXTAPES.COM

Here are some steps you can take in filing some complaints as well:

Go to networksolutions.com click on whois and search for BuyMixTapes.com. That will give you a lot of info about who you are dealing with (phone number, ect).

You won't be able to get in contact with their host because they have their on servers. Which is a smart move for a scam.

But you can contact the company they have their name registered with GKG.net. File a complaint like I've done.

Lets put this to an end!!!!

Terrell
20784, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2004 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BuyMixTapescom/Greensburg-Pennsylvania-15601/BuyMixTapescom-They-Ripped-Me-Off-Too-Greensburg-Pennsylvania-99920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BuyMixTapes.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

IP Address Logging is No Longer Used

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

1. IP Address logging is no longer used on the site. IP address logging has not been used since October of 2005, this should fix everyone's problem. You can log into the site from any computer.

2. People were signing up 2-3 times a month because their IP address changed each time they connected to the internet. This is why IP address logging is no longer used. You can log into the site from any computer. Since people were signing up 2-3 times a month, this is what caused the issue of people being billed more than once a month.

3. Since IP address logging is no longer used, things have been running smoothly since Oct 2005. As you can tell, we have not had any complaints in 3 years since IP address logging is no longer used.

4. All customer e-mails are responded to promptly. Normally within 12 hours, but usually you will have a response to your e-mail within 1 hour.