Complaint Review: BuyMixTapes.com

BuyMixTapes.com
BuyMixTapes.com Internet United States of America

BuyMixTapes.com Ripoff What Kind of CRAP is Going on HERE Only Online Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: IP Address logging is no longer used

Since whoever the hell runs this site seems to respond only to here, i guess ill write a little something here for them to get back too.

I have also been a member of this site for quite awhile now, say around february i signed up. Everything was going well, no problems at all, this was a really GREAT service. Now like 4-5 months later, i try to log in as i usually do, and i get this crap about login failure. However, i send an e-mail and they indeed contacted me, and later posted on the site that they had a new system and members would have to sign up again. In which upon signing up, they were to e-mail them so they won't be charged again for doing so.

So I signed up again, and forwarded Buymixtapes.com everything i got in the e-mail in regards to my sign-up

So once again, things went back to running smoothly, i logged in, downloaded whatever songs i wanted, everything was great again.

I turned off my computer, when i decided to go back on, and check out the site to see if any new mixtapes were out for download, i now get the message... I.P ADDRESS DOES NOT MATCH

I sign up again for OFFICIALLY the 3rd time, log in and out, come back to the site, and once again i see I.P. ADDRESS DOES NOT MATCH. Now i dont know what kinda bullshit is going on about members f***ing sharing login info and shit, but I NEVER done this, so i dont apreciate shit like this when i am paying for this damn service. Like how the hell do you explain that shit? I have even signed in and out of my internet service which is Bell Sympatico High Speed and i have a BROADBAND DSL/ETHRANET connection. I check my client I.P address each and everytime, and guess what geniuses @ buymixtapes.........THE I.P ADDRESS CHANGES EACH AND EVERYTIME.....and not just the last sets of digits as you so claim, but the ENTIRE THING!!!

oh sure, im not going to lie, at times i did get something along the lines of a 65.24.112... ad when i sign on again the first 3 sets of numbers, but at other times, THEY WERE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

In conclusion, I find it VERY STUPID that you guys will say crap about people sharing login info to non-members. When in fact there are people who have not done this (LIKE ME FOR ONE), that cannot log into the site.

You need a new way off determining how to run this site, cause logging I.P addresses IS NOT WORKING for A LOT of people, who are getting screwed over by this

Also, it would indeed be nice if you guys can reply to f***ing e-mails, i am not at all pleased with that shit, but i won't get into that.

I want to know how this problem will be fixed! and i called and checked any charges made to my credit card, and buymixtapes was there twice. what happened to the we'll reverse the charges crap? You haven't done shit about reversing anything if i've been charged for it.

As i said in my last e-mail, say around the 10th i've sent without getting a reply

Let's see if ill get a response this time.

T Charles Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2004 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BuyMixTapescom/internet/BuyMixTapescom-Ripoff-What-Kind-of-CRAP-is-Going-on-HERE-Only-Online-Internet-100306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BuyMixTapes.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

IP Address logging is no longer used

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

IP address logging is no longer used. We understand that you may have not shared your login information, but others were sharing their info by posting it on forums. We had received an e-mail from another customer at the time about a few people sharing their login information and did indeed see on the forums linked to that they were sharing the info. At the time, it had slowed download speeds to 1k/s. We disabled IP address logging back in Oct 2005 and everything has been running smoothly. We have not had any customer complaints.

The reason you may have been charged twice is because you had stated that you signed up a 3rd time. Your original account had been disabled for rebilling, but the 3rd account sign up caused you to be billed twice a month.

Since we have disabled IP address logging, everything is running smoothly and we have not had any complaints. All customer e-mails are responded to within 12 hours, typically within 1 hour.