Complaint Review: Buy.com Caliber.com

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2007

• Reported By:boone North Carolina
Buy.com Caliber.com
Aliso, CA Aliso, California U.S.A.

Buy.com Made It Right. Caliber.com Reneged Caliber.com offered double $30 rebates in the summer and then promised and promised but did not come through Aliso California

I purchased a GPS which offered (2) $30 rebates from Caliber.com sponsored by the Buy.com website. When the rebates never arrived over the summer, I contacted customer service a series of time. Each time, I was told there were problems with the fulfillment house and a new target date was promised. September, October, Novemer passed and I was pissed. Caliber by this time would send an email but never answered their phone. It is still not clear to me if the company is out of business.

I boycotted buy.com's website and took all my busines elsewhere (which was considerable). I began contacting the rebate number at buy.com and they seemed to have a secret way into caliber and I would get yet another caliber promise with another 30 day target date but nothing more.

Finally in December 2006, I contacted Buy.com and learned that my offer had been escalated to Corporate. Then 2 weeks ago, i learned they were personally going to refund the $60 rebate. They were true to their word and I received my rebate to the original credit card I used.

I still have never heard from Caliber and still don't know if they are around. I wanted to update my GPS software but don't dare spend the $ and don't trust the company. The Caliber GPS itself is reliable and works well. i hope others use this information to get their rebate.

Good Luck.

boone, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom-Calibercom/Aliso-California/Buycom-Made-It-Right-Calibercom-Reneged-Calibercom-offered-double-30-rebates-in-the-s-291683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com Caliber.com