Complaint Review: Buy.com-clickonadeal.com

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2008

• Reported By:Lakewood California
Buy.com-clickonadeal.com
183 King St. Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Buy.com-clickonadeal.com buying from buy.com at your own risk Brooklyn New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Buy.com isn't the problem here...

I bought a digital camera lens on buy.com but when it arrives it had buy.com and clickonadeal.com on the reciept. They sent me the wrong lens and when I contacted buy.com to get a refund or return the item for the correct lens, they tell me I must contact the seller directly and they are not responsible. They gave me the seller's email and it happened to be a gmail (free email) address. Everyone know that criminalistic companies hide behind gmail email accounts. Anyway I got no response (what a surprise!) and know I stuck with a lens I can't use. I'm going to try selling it on ebay and with any luck, I may be able to get my money back. I'll never buy here ever again.

Shawn
Lakewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom-clickonadealcom/Brooklyn-New-York-11231/Buycom-clickonadealcom-buying-from-buycom-at-your-own-risk-Brooklyn-New-York-388667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com-clickonadeal.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Buy.com isn't the problem here...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Hey Shawn,

It is certainly understandable that you would be angry. I would be too. However, the problem is with this particular seller and not Buy.com. There are millions of transactions on Buy.com, eBay and Amazon every week and the vast majority go through without any problems.

You weren't buying the lens from Buy.com, you were buying from clickonadeal. Buy.com was merely the administrator just like eBay or some of Amazon's transactions. On an item's page at buy.com, the seller will be displayed underneath the "add to cart" button and you can click on their name to see their profile page and feedback. Here is the seller you purchased from:

Since you have made an effort to contact the seller, I advise you to go back to Buy.com and ask them to honor their guarantee.

Hope this helps.