Complaint Review: Buy.com

• Reported By: Steve — Clinton Tennessee United States of America
Buy.com
110 Donald Lane Clinton, Tennessee United States of America

Buy.com Rakuten/OpenRocket Bait and switch Clinton, Tennessee

I purchased a Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906 system from what I believed was Rakuten/BestBuy.com.  I received a box that was in shabby condition that was so over-taped it was difficult to open.  Upon opening it, I discovered the items haphazardly packaged witt some 50 feet of bubble wrap and craft paper stuffed into voids, that contained the sub woofer and control module wrapped in more bubble wrap, with the speakers in Logitech's box without any prorective covering.  The speakers were scuffed from bad handling and the product i.d./production date sticker on the back of each speaker was crudely obliterated by a black magic marker.  Despite my believing I'd received a "reconditioned" system, I installed it, only to find the system failed to function after several hours of use.  i believed, as many of us have been led to believe, that a "reconditioned unit" is as good as new.  After hours of complaining to Logitech, who had originally asked me to return the unit for replacement, did they sheepishly admit their "customer service" representative that instructed me to to do so was "mistaken" and wouldn't back up their offer of replacement.

I insist that Buy.com, or Rakuten, whoever they are, refund the full amount of this purchase and pay the return of this purchase.  I had no idea of who "OpenRocket" was, until I saw the "small print" at the end of the purchase order.  OpenRocket "generously" offered to refund $50 on the purchase and I could keep it. It's a defective , apparently useless system that doesn't work!  how generous of them!  Oh, I forgot to mention, they're "Out of Stock" for a "replacement."

What a miserable, money/time wasting e-commerce purchase this has been!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2012 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom/Clinton-Tennessee-37716/Buycom-RakutenOpenRocket-Bait-and-switch-Clinton-Tennessee-986396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com