Complaint Review: Buy.com

• Submitted: Thu, May 27, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 27, 2010

• Reported By: Alan — Port Angeles Washington U.S.A.

Buy.com Deceptive Internet

I ordered approximately 8 books and one DVD from Buy.com on 24MAY2010, a Sunday.  That evening I received a "your order has shipped" e-mail for one item; on the 24th I received several more e-mails stating that the remainder of the order had "been shipped".  The e-mails included U.S. Postal Service tracking numbers.

U.S.P.S. had no record of the shipments until late on the 25th, when it said that the items had been received at a "pre-shipping" location.

I sent an e-mail to Buy.com's Customer Service asking where my order was and why the previous e-mails were inaccruate.  I received a generic "trust us ... we know what we're doing" e-mail.

I sent another e-mail asking for answers to specific questions about my order and their processing of the order.  I received a message stating that I should not worry about the order and that they would check the location of my order.  They answered NONE of my questions.

At that point, I cancelled the order ... and will not do business with Buy.com again.  They are deceptive and arrogant ... they provide lousy customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2010 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom/internet/Buycom-Deceptive-Internet-607891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com