Liars. Placed an order with the promise of an immediate $25 credit if I applied for a credit card. I was approved for the card never got the instant credit. I received an email stating that so many customers were denied the $25 credit that a $30 credit would be applied on next purchase. Then I spent multiple days trying to redeem the buy.com visa credit of $30. Emailed multiple times -received idiot automated non-responses. The customer service was nonresponsive. Spoke to Buy.com Visa. They were sympathetic but unable to help. Buy.com Visa claimed they had no telephone number for Buy.com.
Dug up the Buy.com 877 number after multiple attempts: 1-877-780-2464. Was told by employer by the name of Leander to go ahead and place order get the confirmation number and call back and the credit would be manually entered . He assured me that he was writing a note on my account to that effect. After placing my order,I called back, spoke to other customer service personell including the supervisor who insisted I was wrong-in spite of multiple confirming emails, and they would not take $30 off the order.
This company is run by a bunch of lying offshore Indian sleazeballs. DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. YOU WILL BE SORRY. They are nothing short of time-sucking arrogant grifters. I have reviewed hundreds of complaints posted on various sites (including resellerratings.com) about Buy.com and have come to the following conclusions.
The bottom line is that:
1. They do not honor their prices.
2. They do not honor their rebates.
3. They do not honor their promotions.
4. They do not honor their coupons.
5. Their customer services is based in India; most can hardly speak English are not honest and will consistently lie to make a sale.
6. The prices posted often have nothing to do with reality.
7. Their prices include discounts for rebates that they have no intention of honoring or are fictitious in the first place.
St Louis, Missouri