Complaint Review: Buy.com

• Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Daytona Beach Florida
www.buy.com Internet U.S.A.

Buy.com Shipping & Handling Trick Scam Internet

I realize the dollar amount of this complaint is small, Its the fact that I feel tricked and scammed that is making me post this.

I saw an ad on Buy.com listing an MP3 player for $21.99 with "Free Shipping". I clicked add to cart, paid with paypal. When I got my emailed confirmation from PayPal, I noticed it showed the item cost $28.78 and shipping was $0.00. So I sent a complaint to Buy.com to ask what happened to the $21.99. They said they were sorry for my "confusion" but, The free shipping was an option I had to check. They PRE-SELECT a different shipping method. So basically, if u arent paying attention (Like I wasn't apparently) they upgrade the shipping without even asking you. I've sent 3 emails to them requesting a credit, all come back with the same links to pages on their site explaining why the "Free Shipping" wasnt free.

I believe this is plain, dishonest bait and switch.
It will be the last order I place with them.

To add insult to injury, 2 days after I ordered it, they dropped the price to $14 including shipping. So basically, I paid 2x what I should have...

Daytona Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom/internet/Buycom-Shipping-Handling-Trick-Scam-Internet-380028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com