Complaint Review: Buy.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:Midlothian Virginia
Internet U.S.A.

Buy.com realeased my credit card and personal information to Shopper Discount and Rewards Internet

I was a repeat customer of Buy.Com but I am glad to announce that this is the last time I will ever buy anything from Buy.com. I will advice everyone to thing twice about using the site or try to redeem any rewards program from them.

I bought a Digital Camera Canon PowerShot A590 IS 8 from Buy.com. Everything was excellent; transaction, shipping, product, etc. One month later I see a fraudulent charge on my credit card bill, apparently from Shopper Discount and Rewards. I dispute and follow through and it comes out that in trying to get a promised $10 coupon off for my next purchase, I have signed up for membership of Shopper Discount and Rewards. To the best of my knowledge I never did sign up for Shopper Discount and Rewards. I had halted the sign up process as soon as I realized that I have to enroll in something to get the rewards. Meanwhile, there was no mention of a monthly recurring fee.

I also did not give Shopper Discount and Rewards my credit card and other information. Apparently Buy.com is working with Shopper Discount and Rewards or is in collusion with them. The Customer Rep at Shopper Discount and Rewards confirmed that my card information was received from Buy.com. I did not and have not authorized Buy.com to share my personal information with Shopper Discount and Rewards. I now have serious doubts about the credibility of Buy.com and their respect for their customers private information.

I will never shop at Buy.com and will advice people to think twice about shopping there.

Midlothian, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom/internet/Buycom-realeased-my-credit-card-and-personal-information-to-Shopper-Discount-and-Rewards-448163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com