desperate

• Reported By:ok California
Buy.com
www.buy.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Buy.com Questionable billing practice Internet

I ordered an item from them. Got the confirmation email that said "We will not charge your credit card until after an item ships."

I come home a couple of days later and my wife tells me that Discover called confirming the purchase. I said great, the order must be on the way.

I went to the website to get a tracking number, but the status of the order still said "processing" as it has since 5 minutes after I made the order.

Hmmmm. So I called the customer service number which I couldnt even find on the website, I had to search the web, and they said that the order had not been sent.

So I question them the call I recieved from Discover. They said something to the effect that they were just reserving the money for when they do ship and bill.

Well I dont know how exactly that would work. If Discover calls me to verify a purchase, it sounds to me like the money has been spent.

After a few minutes of me questioning the salesperson about the questionable practice, I canceled the order.

Phatmatt
ok, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buycom/nationwide/Buycom-Questionable-billing-practice-Internet-363009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy.com