Complaint Review: Buyers Union, Premier Benefits

• Submitted: Tue, June 14, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 14, 2005

• Reported By:Stevenson Washington
Buyers Union, Premier Benefits
1442 East Lincoln Ave Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyers Union, Premier Benefits ripoff, Scam, Telemarketing Fraud, Orange California

June 14th, 2005
To Whom it May Concern,

A phone call was made to my home on may, 27, 2005 from a company under the name of Premier Benefits. My wife answered the telephone and was informed that upon giving out a valid account # and Routing # she would be awarded a $200 shopping spree & only 3.95 would be deducted from the account. She could then call and cancell the account and no further charges would be made. Kellie was then asked several questions to complete this transaction. One of the questions was, "are you an autorized user for this account?". Kellie answered no. The sales rep then stoppped the automated recording Q&A Procedure and asked kellie why she said no. Kellie told the sales person,"because I am not an autorized user. This account does not belong to me". The sales rep then instructed her to answer YES anyway.

He said it was no big deal and reminded her there would be no negative consequences and it was the only way to receive the shopping spree. On the day of 06-02-2005, $123.95 was removed from my account in the form of check from kellie who is not even on the account. Please keep in mind I, Zachary Jones, had absolutly no knowledge & in no way granted permission for any of these activities described in this letter. I tried to call customer service and request an immediate refund. I was first told they could not speak with me because they would be violating a privacy act. They also told me I would have to wait for a Check Authorization form. To this day I am not even sure what they are selling nor have I received anything at all for the money they have stolen from me.

Sincerely,

Zachary
Stevenson, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2005 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union-Premier-Benefits/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-Premier-Benefits-ripoff-Scam-Telemarketing-Fraud-Orange-California-146177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyers Union, Premier Benefits