Complaint Review: Buyers Union, Premier Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, July 25, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 25, 2005

• Reported By:Norman Oklahoma
Buyers Union, Premier Benefits
1442 E. Lincoln Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyers Union, Premier Benefits ripoff, unauthorized withdrawal from account Orange California

The Buyers Union contacted me in May 2005, when I recieved my account statement for the month I immediately reported to the bank a withdrawal of $119 and two charges of $3.95. I called the company and complained to them several times the situation, I was transferred multiple times. I told them that I did not authorize the $119 only one of the $3.95 charges for the packet.

They argued with me about it saying that I had agreed to the additional charges and that they had recorded it. I replied that I can manipulate a phone conversation, it is called editting. I wanted the money refunded, I no longer we interested in doing any business with them. The recording had been tampered with.

I was told that I could get back the $119 but not the others. I again said that I did not want their program and I wanted a full refund along with the $67.00 in overdraft charges as a result of their taking more than was authorized. They continued trying to sell me on the program, presuming I would give up I suppose. I said no over and over again and was becoming frustrated with their insistance.

They finally did agree to send a refund form, which I filled out towards the end of May and as of today no refund has come through. I have informed everyone I know to ward them away from this ripoff.

I am a single mother with 4 kids still at home, recieveing no support from their father. I can't afford this kind of thing happening any more. I changed my bank card number, was promised a refund of the overdrafts from the bank once I recieve the refund. I no longer have phone service since I can't pay the bill due to the overdraft charges and this withdrawal.

Steer clear of this company and their "affiliates", they are nothing but trouble.

Stephanie
Norman, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2005 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union-Premier-Benefits/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-Premier-Benefits-ripoff-unauthorized-withdrawal-from-account-Orange-Califor-151214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyers Union, Premier Benefits