Complaint Review: Buyer's Union - Premiere Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, May 11, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 11, 2005

• Reported By:Monrovia California
Buyer's Union - Premiere Benefits
1442 E. Lincoln Ave. Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyer's Union - Premiere Benefits or whatever else they're calling themselves today is a horrible, deceitful company. Ripoff! Orange California

First of all, when they called my home they claimed to be "Premiere Benefits."

I received a call from them in February claiming that I've been chosen to receive a free $200 shopping card, which I would be able to use at Home Depot, Best Buy, etc.

They said the reason I've been chosen was because they wanted to send a calling card which they'd like me to try for a week at no cost. All I had to do was pay for shipping & handling one time , which was $3.90, but I had only 10 days from the time I received the calling card to cancel or else if for any reason I didn't want it, or I'd be charged over $100 every month for the calling card.

I asked them how they'd know if I've received the card in order for me to cancel before they charged my account. They said that I had nothing to worry about as they'd use package tracking so that they'd know exactly when I'd receive the package.

THREE days later, they withdrew from my bank account the s&h TWICE and also charged for the calling card!

Not only that, but I did not receive a "package" until 2 months later. The package did NOT contain a calling card nor a gift card.

What they had sent me was the "Shopper's Guide to Savings" catalogue. And the letter that I received with it stated that in order for me to receive the $200 REBATE (no longer a gift card), I'd have to sign up for the membership and pay a "one time initiation fee and first month's membership fee (which they did not state how much would be), charged at the time you placed your order, the checking account you provided us will be billed this same amount approximately 30 days later and then, continung monthly thereafter, the account will be billed the low monthly membership fee of just $19.95."

I changed my bank account number the day after finding out they withdrew more money than they stated they would ($126.80 instead of $3.90) and filed a claim. Thankfully, I received my money back.

For over a month, I kept receiving phone calls from them, asking me to review all of my information, from bank account to home address to the "confirmation code" they gave me. Of course, I told them to never call me again and hung up each time.

At first I thought the call was from out of the country as I had spoken to about 8 people and all of them had an Indian accents, but the last time I talked to them on the phone I found out that they're in Orange County.

"Buyer's Union" or "Premiere Benefits" or whatever else they're calling themselves today is a horrible, deceitful company.

Monrovia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2005 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union-Premiere-Benefits/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-Premiere-Benefits-or-whatever-else-theyre-calling-themselves-today-is-a-h-142425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyer's Union - Premiere Benefits