efficient

• Submitted: Wed, August 10, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 30, 2005

• Reported By:Albuquerque New Mexico
Buyer's Union - Premiere Movie Pass
1442 East Lincoln Avenue Suite 361 Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyer's Union - Premiere Movie Pass major ripoff, uncooperative, con artists Orange California

*Author of original report: Update, I got my money back!

On 3/17/05, Premeire Movie Pass (aka Buyer's Union) called me on the phone with a pitch of $3.95 with a 7 day trial period for free movie passes. They said that the 7 day trial would start once the mail was delivered to me and that there would be a delivery confirmation to verify the beginning of the 7 day trial. There was no delivery confirmation and I did not even receive my package until more than 7 days after the phone call.

My bank said that my account was charged $119.90 on 3/21/05. I immediately called and cancelled and they assured me a form that I had to sign to apply for my refund and state that I would not dispute with my bank and wait for their refund which would then be an additional 7-14 business days. Both of those in succession would have ended on 4/28/05.

Past 30 days a dispute was impossible with my bank. This traps me into paying. This is a breach in contract because 1) They did not have a delivery confimation. 2) I did not have a 7 day trial before the account was charged. 3) It has been WELL past twice 7-14 business days and I have been on the phone with them more than 10 times with no result and still no refund.

I have been battling them ever since and they keep saying that my refund is "in process". I have been transferred to the "high priority" list and a "manual" refund was performed according to them. However, I stil have not received any refunds. I am extremely angry and I am inclined to take legal action. There is no point in calling anymore.

They need to refund my money and stop giving me the runaround. Of course now that I have read all the other people who have fallen for this, I realize most of my efforts were in vain. I will take it up with my bank.

Erica
Albuquerque, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2005 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union-Premiere-Movie-Pass/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-Premiere-Movie-Pass-major-ripoff-uncooperative-con-artists-Orange-Califo-153235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyer's Union - Premiere Movie Pass

Update, I got my money back!

AUTHOR: Erica - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to the suggestions of the editor, using the reports to the banking commission and the federal regulation form E, I was able to get the bank to refund my money after 6 months! So dont let them fool you into thinking 60 days and its over. Be persistent, stay informed, and present yourself that way. Banks, lawyers, cops, and most corporations rely on your ignorance. The less rights you know you have, the more they will take advantage of it. THanks ripoff report! You guys helped me win my battle!