I received a call from a telemarketer describing their services. They stated that the material would be sent out and that I would have seven days to review the material and decide whether I wish to keep the service. After the seven days my account would be charged $119.90. My account was charged the amount and I hadn't received the material yet.
I called them on February 4, 2005 to request a refund. They claimed that they would have to send a check but needed me to fill out a form which was sent to me. I completed the form, mailed it in, and after about a month called to find out where the refund was. I was told that the refund had been sent two weeks prior to me calling. When I explained to them that I hadn't received it they said they would need to issue an investigation and that I should receive my refund in about 14 days.
Another month went by, no refund, and I called again. Once again they wanted to issue an investigation and stated I should receive a refund in about 14 days. Another month passes, I call aagain and I get the same story. When I explained that this is what I have been told every time I call and still there is no refund they apologize and say this all they can do. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told the supervisor wasn't going to be able to do anything either but issue another investigation. I never got to speak to the supervisor, I was just told the supervisor couldn't do anything. I did ask to speak to someone above the supervisor but was told there was no one else above the supervisor.
At this point, I commented on how the company is ripping people off and was told by the operator, Julie, that she knows of no such thing. When I tried to explain to her everything I had been through, she hung up on me. There is more but I think the picture is clear. There is no way to get beyond the 800 number "helpdesk" to speak to any corporate officers. It seems that the only way to possibly accomplish anything is to show up on their doorstep, if one really exists.