Complaint Review: Buyers Union

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2005

• Reported By:Isle of Palms South Carolina
Buyers Union
1442 E. Lincoln Ave. Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyers Union ripoff Trying to get my money back Getting a lot of crap from the bank PLEASE HELP Orange California

As well as many others I was ripped off by this company who called me on the phone telling me that I had won shopping vouchers in the amount of $200 and that all I had to pay was $3.95 shipping and handling to receive them. Of course I agreed to pay the small fee to receive the vouchers. I asked more than once if there were any hidden fees and he assured me that there was none.

On 3/23/05 my account was debited not for $3.95 but for $119.90. That amount was not authorized by me at all. I have yet to get the debit reversed. I have spoken to my bank and am waiting for an answer from them on whether or not they will reverse the debit.

I was also told by my bank that the only way to keep them from debiting my account again would be to close my account and open a new one. Now I really don't think that I should have to do that when it wasn't my fault that some company ripped me off. There should be something that they could do to block any transactions from that company.

I did call the company and was told that they would refund my money but first I had to fill out some check refund form. It is to be sent to me in the mail but he gave me a lot of static when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager.

I finally got to speak to a supervisor and she told me the same thing that I would have to wait for the refund form before I could get my money back. She then told me that it would take up to 2 weeks more before I would receive my refund check.

I would appreciate any more advice on how to get my money back and if anyone has any suggestions on how to get it taken care of without having to close my bank account that would be wonderful.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Katherine
Isle of Palms, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2005 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-ripoff-Trying-to-get-my-money-back-Getting-a-lot-of-crap-from-the-bank-PLEASE-136801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyers Union