Complaint Review: Buyer's Union

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 02, 2005

• Reported By:High Point North Carolina
Buyer's Union
1442 E. Lincoln Ave., Box 361 Orange, California U.S.A.

Buyer's Union ripped off, promised refund via phone month after month but money never came Orange California

Oct. 8, '04 had Buyer's Union telemarketer call my house saying they had this package to offer with a $200 gas voucher for Chevron/Texaco gas. The only thing I had to do was pay a $3.95 shipping and handling fee and look over a package for their company.

The money was to be drafted from my checking account and I would have 10 days to examine the package to see if I wanted to be a "member"...if not I could call within that 10 day period and owe nothing, otherwise I would be charged $119.90 for the membership fees.

The fees were drafted from my account before I even got the package, which caused me to bounced 3 checks becuase I was not expecting the money to come out that soon. I called the day I received the package to cancel (they did not include the $200 gas vouchers, I got restaraunt vouchers instead).

I followed protocol to get a refund, calling every few months. Was told in March 8,'05 that my refund was approved but I had to call back in 10-14 days to see when I would receive my money. I called back, still they could not give me an answer.

Here it is, November 2, '05 and I am still waiting and have found out that their toll free number is no longer in service. I will never again buy something over the phone. May all telemarketers rot in hell.

High Point, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buyers-Union/Orange-California-92865/Buyers-Union-ripped-off-promised-refund-via-phone-month-after-month-but-money-never-came-163065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buyer's Union