Complaint Review: Buzz Quotes

• Submitted: Thu, October 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, November 02, 2006

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Buzz Quotes
50 Charles LInbergh Blvd, Suite 100, Uniondale, New York U.S.A.

Buzz Quotes ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Uniondale New York

*Author of original report: ISSUE RESOLVED

*Author of original report: Promise from BuzzQuotes to reimburse NOT followed through

*Consumer Comment: Similar experience

I contracted with this company to purchase 2-3 insurance leads per day in specified zipcodes. They started dumping leads, sometimes 25-30 at a time, in my box which would cause my bank card to be charged because it would through me up over my dollar limit with them. They never charged the card until after business hours when I could do nothing about it. After the first occurance, I contacted them by email and by phone and requested that leads be stopped until the billing error could be corrected. The agreed to credit my account and promised to only send 2-3 leads per day. 2 days later they dumped leads in my account again and billed my card again (again after hours when I could not contact them).

I contacted them the next day and they promised to shut my account down until the problem could be resolved. 2 days later, they did it again and billed my card again. I cancelled my credit card and contacted them once again and was promised a refund for the fraudulent charges. That was 3 months ago. Phone calls to them are not returned and if I am lucky enough to speak to someone, I am put off with promises to resolve in a few days. They owe me $535.50 in unauthorized charges and they will not return my money

Donna
Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2006 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buzz-Quotes/Uniondale-New-York-11553/Buzz-Quotes-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Uniondale-New-York-215459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buzz Quotes

ISSUE RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Donna - ()

The seller corrected the issue to my satisfaction.

Promise from BuzzQuotes to reimburse NOT followed through

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

From: "Morgan, Greg" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Donna" (((ROR REDACTED E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

CC: "Schnabel, Heather"

This is to confirm are conversation that we will be sending you a check for the amt of 294.00 to you, and I will give you a credit in your buzz quotes acct for the leads from yesterday

____________

Above is an email that I received from the OWNER of Buzz Quotes in June (5 months ago). In this email he promised to refund me part of my money AND issue credit for leads that I was billed for that I was not suppose to be getting. Neither of which ever happened. I continue to call BuzzQuotes but am always told that the people that I need to speak to are not available. Messages are left but NEVER returned.

DO NOT ENTER IN TO A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY FOR LEADS !!!!!

Similar experience

AUTHOR: A - (U.S.A.)

I also contracted with buzz quotes to receive leads, and liked the leads I got. However, when I had to have some credited for false info (wrong number, etc...), it was a fight for my life. I was told that leads would be credited on the 5th of the month. They were not, and when I called or emailed, I got the same treatment - emails not answered, people on vacations 5 weeks in a row, "the owner will call you right back in a few minutes" (I have never received a call back from him yet, now 6 months later). They owe me over $600, and I can't get people on the phone.