Complaint Review: C B Builders

• Submitted: Fri, March 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 12, 2012

• Reported By: Andrew — Jonesboro Arkansas U.S.A.
C B Builders
P.O. Box 842 Earle, Arkansas 72331 Earle, Arkansas United States of America

C B Builders Robert shoddy workmanship, poor customer service Earle, Arkansas

*Author of original report: Came out/made repairs

C B Builders was paid as per contract for constructing a metal barn. Barn was fully paid off by customer. After a few weeks, a hinge on the door broke from poor welding/poor construction, causing it to be unusable. It took over three weeks for them to come out and replace the hinge, during which time, the top hinge broke, causing the door to strike the barn, causing damage. Door was fixed, but contractors left before inspection (I had to work) when I inspected the door, the latch to lock the barn exceeded the width of the frame, making the door unable to be opened. (I assume they put the door in place, then welded. Robert (their supervisor) told me that they had opened and closed the door multiple times before leaving. They would not come out and fix it, and told me to break the hinge off to get the door open.

Unable to close the door, I had to prop it open. One month later, the door hinge broke again (same one)I called them and it has been over two weeks. They said they would be out on the weekend, and I told them if they are not, that I will have someone replace the door and bill them for my costs.

Robert proceeded to tell me that he fixed it once, doesn't have to do it again, I had a shitty attitude, and if he "determines" the door broke from slamming into the frame (which occurred after the break) that he would fix it, but charge me.

This is poor customer service, a poor way to treat someone who fulfilled their end of the contract, and is a breach of contract on C B Builder's part. They have a one year guarantee on construction, and 30 years on material.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2012 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-B-Builders/Earle-Arkansas-72331/C-B-Builders-Robert-shoddy-workmanship-poor-customer-service-Earle-Arkansas-851252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C B Builders

Came out/made repairs

AUTHOR: Silianti - (U.S.A.)

A part owner of the company came out and made repairs to the door. He did his best to own up to the company's mistakes and I was happy with his responses.